• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

UK Lockdown

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Education, like Health, is a devolved matter to Scotland / Wales / Northern Ireland
(A study of Scotland's education outcomes since this happened is very revealing, and appalling)
The same as the Health Service in Wales.

Alistair20000

Also why start with full primary schools? Of all the school ages that will be unable to socially distance properly and spread virus more easily it is primary school kids. Yet they can go back potentially. All 3 years at the same time. Bizarre IMO.

For the sake of a month just shut schools for the summer and the landscape could look a lot better come September. Common sense to me.
Why have a summer holiday ? The kids and lots of teachers have had an 8 week holiday. Start school again on 1 July, if not sooner.

Legohead

Banned
Why have a summer holiday ? The kids and lots of teachers have had an 8 week holiday. Start school again on 1 July, if not sooner.
Kids and teachers have had time off Ali. Not a holiday. A holiday is where you can go and visit places and have some sort of a life during it. A holiday is not being stuck in lockdown for 8 weeks. So I disagree. It's simply time off that kids and teachers have had. I'd say that the majority of them wouldn't say this time off was really enjoyable.

School starts in September IMO which is the safest and most common sense thing to do. Schools finish in the middle of July anyway so what's the point in risking Covid for the sake of 2 weeks or so?

Alistair20000

Education, like Health, is a devolved matter to Scotland / Wales / Northern Ireland
(A study of Scotland's education outcomes since this happened is very revealing, and appalling)

This is why Sturgeon and Drakeford can stand and pronounce they are following a different path, whilst relying on central government income to pay for it.
If Boris had said we are going to tighten the Lockdown Wee Jimmy Krankie would have disagreed. If he had said we are going to lift it entirely she would have disagreed. Whatever phased loosening of the Lockdown is announced she will disagree. Appalling woman.

As you say on who pays. I almost wish the Scots had voted to feck orf.

Alistair20000

Kids and teachers have had time off Ali. Not a holiday. A holiday is where you can go and visit places and have some sort of a life during it. A holiday is not being stuck in lockdown for 8 weeks. So I disagree. It's simply time off that kids and teachers have had. I'd say that the majority of them wouldn't say this time off was really enjoyable.

School starts in September IMO which is the safest and most common sense thing to do. Schools finish in the middle of July anyway so what's the point in risking Covid for the sake of 2 weeks or so?
Cannot see how meaningful holidays are going to happen this summer Lego.

Legohead

Banned
Cannot see how meaningful holidays are going to happen this summer Lego.
I agree but you just said that kids and teachers have just had an 8 week holiday which is untrue.

Alistair20000

I agree but you just said that kids and teachers have just had an 8 week holiday which is untrue.
Yes, fair enough Lego.

manc grecian

Apart from the teachers who have been in school, setting work online, ringing every pupil once a week, delivering resources to pupils who have nothing and taking part in safeguarding meetings regarding vulnerable children. Not much of a break.

DB9

Apart from the teachers who have been in school, setting work online, ringing every pupil once a week, delivering resources to pupils who have nothing and taking part in safeguarding meetings regarding vulnerable children. Not much of a break.
What have the teachers ever done for us? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Legohead

Banned
First it was old people. Then old people with pre existing health conditions. Then younger people with pre existing health conditions. Then people who have asthma. Then people who take ibuprofen. Then people who take certain blood pressure medications. Then people with high blood pressure. Then men. Then obese men. Then black people. Now taxi drivers and security guards.

Can these statisticians come up with something worth f*cking reading for once!!! The list of available demographics of people available to claim have a greater chance of dying from Covid is running out for you. Who next? Lesbian asparagus farmers with purple hair, dual nipple piercings and who wear dungarees more at risk?

Come up with some serious background research about all these claims or bloody well f*ck off and stop worrying folk unnecessarily! T*ts.