• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

UK Lockdown

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
Difference UK v US towards the lockdown, Here we panic bought food, Over the pond a record amount of guns sold (3.2m)!

Alistair20000

Difference UK v US towards the lockdown, Here we panic bought food, Over the pond a record amount of guns sold (3.2m)!
I wonder what the point of guns is in this situation ?

Rosencrantz

To shoot the virus in the face.

Seriously, I saw a report that they are stocking up on firearms for either civil unrest or, at the more extreme wings, to guard against government taking too much control on their lives. Oh and stocking up in case the democrats get in.

Spoonz Red E

Luckily, Donald Trump will put a dampener on any thoughts of unrest 🤨

Colesman Ballz

Gun shops were not initially on the list of those premises that were permitted to remain open. Guess the NRA were quickly on the blower to "twist Trump's arm" and remind him that he needed their support to have any chance of getting re-elected ! What's one more U turn to his tally ?

Colesman Ballz

Luckily, Donald Trump will put a dampener on any thoughts of unrest 🤨
Trump will use any excuse to remain in power if he is worried he won't be re-elected. Ultimately he will be quick to use "emergency powers" to postpone the election and cling onto the presidency. Could be a big mistake if he finds all these extra guns going into circulation end up pointing in his direction !

IndoMike

Stevie B’s bakery in Crediton is open today and next week and say they have plenty of flour and other dry goods.
Any Co-op news?
U hope you've thanked the assistants for continuing to do their job in trying circumstances, Log.

IndoMike

Trump will use any excuse to remain in power if he is worried he won't be re-elected. Ultimately he will be quick to use "emergency powers" to postpone the election and cling onto the presidency. Could be a big mistake if he finds all these extra guns going into circulation end up pointing in his direction !
I have thought for a long time that the next US election will not go ahead or will be fixed. Even more so now with Corona.
Trump just cannot afford to lose.
If the Dems win both Congress and Senate anyway the man is toast. A potential prison sentence is hanging over his head, although doubtless he'd get a pardon.
I'm sure he'll try to postpone or cancel it on grounds of national security or summat, because as you know, he is the nation
"Je suis l'Amerique"

Banksy

To shoot the virus in the face.

Seriously, I saw a report that they are stocking up on firearms for either civil unrest or, at the more extreme wings, to guard against government taking too much control on their lives. Oh and stocking up in case the democrats get in.
Nah , they’ve been watching too many end of the world apocalypse films on Netflix.

Swanaldo

I've just read my favourite conspiracy theory so far - Coronavirus doesn't exist but was fabricated so that we'd be put into lock down and then 5G masts can secretly be put up.
That's why the new £20 note has a 5G tower and a picture of the corona virus on it. Presumably the illuminati / lizard people got the £20 notes before the rest of us, so they knew what was coming.

Wake up sheeple!