• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

UK Lockdown

elginCity

Very well known Exeweb poster
.....The cases here tend to be around 10-15k daily.
The cases here tend to be around 30-40k daily, week 4 of what they call a 'lockdown'. Perhaps they should call it something more accurate e.g - 'slight inconveniences' or 'some restrictions'.

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
The cases here tend to be around 30-40k daily, week 4 of what they call a 'lockdown'. Perhaps they should call it something more accurate e.g - 'slight inconveniences' or 'some restrictions'.
What we are currently subject to is a little more than 'slight inconveniences'

Will we have bars and restaurants open until 6, and all schools open with 10,000 cases a day? Will we, fairy cakes.

elginCity

It was flippant, but anything other than 'lockdown', please ?

Apparently, there's the Brazilian, South African and Kent variants amongst us now, and Hancock won't answer when asked whether it's all under control or not. Half a lockdown, half a vaccine, half a job - the Government pandemic response.

Reactions: Egg

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
It was flippant, but anything other than 'lockdown', please ?

Apparently, there's the Brazilian, South African and Kent variants amongst us now, and Hancock won't answer when asked whether it's all under control or not. Half a lockdown, half a vaccine, half a job - the Government pandemic response.
A response that has been all over the place yes but they finally seem to have settled on a strategy. Undermined, yet again, by a failure to level with the public.

Alistair20000

What we are currently subject to is a little more than 'slight inconveniences'

Will we have bars and restaurants open until 6, and all schools open with 10,000 cases a day? Will we, fairy cakes.
Yet Italy is doing this.

I think I am ready to don a gilet jaune and march towards Downing Street

LOG

They are expensive if you can't afford it.
Stop going to the supermarket four times a week and making unnecessary journeys and then you can save up.

Last edited:

Legohead

Banned
Stop going to the supermarket four times a week and making unnecessary journeys and then you can save up.
I'll do what i see fit but thanks for the advice. If i recall, going to the supermarket is classed as legally allowed therefore not an unnecessary journey. What would you like to judge me on next? ;)

LOG

I'll do what i see fit but thanks for the advice. If i recall, going to the supermarket is classed as legally allowed therefore not an unnecessary journey. What would you like to judge me on next? ;)
You said that one of the reasons you go so often is because there’s nothing else to do. Try making a list then you can go once a week and avoid unnecessary journeys.

Without wanting to sound too harsh, this isn’t just about you. I don’t think I know anyone who is particularly enjoying things at the moment.

Legohead

Banned
You said that one of the reasons you go so often is because there’s nothing else to do. Try making a list then you can go once a week and avoid unnecessary journeys.

Without wanting to sound too harsh, this isn’t just about you. I don’t think I know anyone who is particularly enjoying things at the moment.
To be fair LOG, if i go to the supermarket and keep 2 metres away from folk and wear a mask, which i do, then i'm of negligible risk to others. So it shouldn't really matter how often i go. In addition, my kid hasn't been near another person for a month now so i can't have Covid from her and my partner works in animal rescue which has about 10 staff and they are all working separately and mostly outdoors so i can't get Covid from her either. I don't see anybody else. I take your point but going to the supermarket in the evening (when it's quiet anyway and pitch dark) after yet another boring day stuck at home with my kid home schooling gives me at least a bit of time out and gives me some breathing space. Yes indeed. Nobody can be enjoying this at the moment. Other than SAGE. (y)

IndoMike

As I've said before, if anyone thinks the NHS should fall into private hands, be very careful what you wish for. Scrutinize : Yes..Improve: Yes Get rid: NO!

Reactions: DB9