• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

UK Lockdown

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Apologies if I got all over defensive for no reason at all. Hope you're well btw.
No worries pal, no worries at all. All good thanks, hope you are as well. Take it easy.

tavyred

Very well known Exeweb poster
Truly superb public service broadcasting from Clive Myrie on BBC
News last night. This disease is fecking horrendous and the report from the NHS frontline was absolutely compelling stuff. Not ashamed to say I had a bit of a moment watching it last night too.

elginCity

Myrie report not before time.

Having ignored prevention, the Government constantly spout on about the cure - UK now highest CV death rate in the world. Criminal.

tavyred

Myrie report not before time.

Having ignored prevention, the Government constantly spout on about the cure - UK now highest CV death rate in the world. Criminal.
Channeling your inner Piers Morgan again Elgy.🙄
Not surprised you’ve chosen to ignore the human story and go heavy on Morgan’s ghoulish death narrative.

Mr Jinx

8/9 weeks a year is plenty and I think the real number is actually a bit higher, also 50 hours a week isn't outrageous.

Many members of my family are / were teachers so I talk with a little bit of knowledge.

My dad was a small business owner although he went to University. No paid holiday, had to work weekends, no job security and plenty of risk, I followed in his footsteps and have my own business.

A lot of the teachers I know are very risk adverse. Life is about choices, if they aren't happy with the £ or hours etc they can try something else, it isn't likely to be a bed of roses, most things aren't.
Exactly, if you want to get paid lots of money, I advise you don't chose teaching or nursing as a profession.

And it's not like teachers have never had to do loads of marking ever. If you think that might be an issue for you...there's another reason. In fact, where do you stop?

elginCity

Channeling your inner Piers Morgan again Elgy.🙄
Not surprised you’ve chosen to ignore the human story and go heavy on Morgan’s ghoulish death narrative.
Hardly, Morgan voted for Spaff and Vote Leave. Think he might regret it now, do you ?

Calling for a strategy of public health as priority, is not ignoring the human story, anything but. The ghoulish death count is now a fact, as is our fecked economy a direct result of allowing this virus to 'sweep through'. Criminal.

Last edited:

Mr Jinx

Hardly, Morgan voted for Spaff and Vote Leave. Think he might regret it now, do you ?
Possibly not. We've now left haven't we? Which wouldn't have been the case if Corbyn/Starmer/Swinson/Blackford had been PM.

But I didn't think Morgan was a Leaver. I thought he was a Remainer. Maybe he saw sense in the end?

DB9

Possibly not. We've now left haven't we? Which wouldn't have been the case if Corbyn/Starmer/Swinson/Blackford had been PM.

But I didn't think Morgan was a Leaver. I thought he was a Remainer. Maybe he saw sense in the end?
He was a remain voter but accepted the result, He's said that enough times on the TV.

Mr Jinx

He was a remain voter but accepted the result, He's said that enough times on the TV.
OK, thanks for the clarification. I usually turn over or off whenever his face pops up. He's just a contrarian with no solid views on anything.

elginCity

Rubbish. Labour pledged a 2nd Ref in their manifesto, the likely result of that was never a given.