• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

TV Times

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
British being the definitive word. Without that , it’s got to be the Star Trek universe for me , I’m a confirmed Trekkie at heart.
Also liked Babylon 5 .
I quite liked The Tripods from 1984 but I think that was a joint production with The Strines. Short lived too.

Banksy

I quite liked The Tripods from 1984 but I think that was a joint production with The Strines. Short lived too.
Not forgetting the original Survivors especially the first series.

LOG

Is it better than The Terror?
Haven't seen that one i'm afraid.

iscalad

Watching a recording of Late Night Mash. Hilarious. 😅😅

Oldsmobile-88

10th September 1985.
On ITV the huge World Cup Qualifier Wales v Scotland at Ninian Park which had echos of the 1977 WC Qualifier(unwisely held by the FAW at Anfield)

If Wales won they would have qualified for Mexico ‘86 Scotland just needed a draw to get to a playoff against a team from the Pacific Oceanic Group.
Wales were winning,Scottish Keeper Jim Leighton lost his contact lenses just to add to the drama before a late penalty gave Scotland the draw they needed,this of course paled into insignificance when legendary Scotland manager Jock Stein,collapsed & died on the touchline at the end of the game.

4B343255-DB24-4BBA-AD49-BD33DAECAE48.jpeg

Oldsmobile-88

^^^^
William Woollard,Presenting Top Gear when it was a bit more sensible & objective than in later years.
Woollard was also one of the presenters of Tomorrow’s World with Raymond Baxter in the 1970s

Oldsmobile-88

The SDP Party Conference is covered..I had forgotten all about them !
The visual equivalent of musak I expect.

Rosencrantz

Just watched A Killing In Tiger Bay. I recorded the first episode on BBC2 last night but then watched all three episodes back to back as they were on the iPlayer. All about a horrific murder of a sex worker in Cardiff in 1988 for which five men were eventually charged.

I wasn't aware of this case before but well worth watching for anyone interested in crime and justice and the consequences of it going terribly wrong.

Mr Jinx

Just watched A Killing In Tiger Bay. I recorded the first episode on BBC2 last night but then watched all three episodes back to back as they were on the iPlayer. All about a horrific murder of a sex worker in Cardiff in 1988 for which five men were eventually charged.

I wasn't aware of this case before but well worth watching for anyone interested in crime and justice and the consequences of it going terribly wrong.
Ah, a time before "No comment."

Happy days!

Oldsmobile-88

The Seventies..A documentary series originally shown in 2016.Watched a couple of episodes(8 in all) last night,really interesting.It was made for CNN so it has a US slant on viewing.Fascinating episode covering Ford,Carter & up to Reagan’s Presidential Election win.
I had forgotten that Ted Kennedy challenged Jimmy Carter for the Democratic nomination for the ‘80 Presidential Election.
The Hostages in Tehran defined Carters term.Biden would have well remembered that well,he was in DC at the time.He must have been sweating about a similar scenario in Kabul.