• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

TV Times

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
Took a while for Toby Jones to get noticed and is always worth watching.
His BBC4 comedy "Don't forget the Driver" was wonderful, A real nugget hidden away, Nothing much happens but it works so well

Rosencrantz

His BBC4 comedy "Don't forget the Driver" was wonderful, A real nugget hidden away, Nothing much happens but it works so well
It was so low key but utterly compelling and funny. Pretty much describes him as an actor as well come to think of it. I really must get around to watching The Detectorists as well.

Reactions: DB9

DB9

It was so low key but utterly compelling and funny. Pretty much describes him as an actor as well come to think of it. I really must get around to watching The Detectorists as well.
I've never watched a whole episode, With him and McKenzie Crook i really feel i need to

LOG

The Detectorists is similar in that it ticks along at a very gentle pace and not a huge amount happens but it’s still a good watch.

DB9

Tonight at 9pm on BBC2, they are showing again the wonderful one off fact based comedy drama Marvellous. If you missed it last time it tells the story of Neil Baldwin, Although having learning difficulties every job he had he kept confounding peoples expectations, His upbeat look on life is an inspiration to all those that might think they're on the outside of things and don't fit into the "Norm" Toby Jones plays the lead role and is as always brilliant in what ever role he takes. Baldwin is loved by the people of Stoke and was kitman for his beloved Stoke City and even got to play in a match. Sometimes TV come up with a real gem and this is one of them, Looking at the schedule for tonight there really is no competition and if you can, This is well worth a watch. (y)
Just watched and still brilliant second time around, When his mother died and him breaking down at home was heart wrenching. 11/10

Tim Long

What 'Long Ball Lou' is up to these days http://macari-foundation.co.uk/

Oldsmobile-88

Just watched and still brilliant second time around, When his mother died and him breaking down at home was heart wrenching. 11/10
Yep..Just as good on a 2nd watch.Great stuff.

Tuned into Peston(ITV 10.45)for about 10mins of doom & gloom had me reaching for the remote control.

The polar opposite to how I felt about a hour before.

If I do not see any of those pontificating goons for another year it will still be too soon.

Reactions: DB9

DB9

Having just aquired Netflix and Sky Movies on Wednesday (For 50p extra per month!! (y) Amazing what you can get when your contract is up! :D(y)) I watched After Life with Ricky Gervais, Have to say watched the first four episodes and it is very good, I know Gervais in not everyone's cup of tea but his writing and the acting is really up there. Also second series of Star Trek Discovery, Just watched first episod and is looking as good as the first series.

Sky Atlantic, Just finished watching the second series of the re-booted Das Boot and hoping there will be a third, Cracking one this and although the film of the 80's was just set on the U Boat this has gone much further and have put various good stories that would have happened during that time into this new version, If you liked the film and like good, well made WW2 dramas and don't mind subtitles, This could be for you.

Red Devon

Great to have F1 back just about to start watching qualifying for the Austrian GP.

Oldsmobile-88

Just finished watching Sons of Anarchy.7 seasons(92 episodes) in 21 days..Excellent..Not for the sensitive or easily shocked.
The series is set around a motorcycle chapter in a small town in central California.
Deals with tricky issues that are relevant at the moment in the USA(racism,mass shootings)
The series was shot from 2007 to 2014.
I expect some of the scriptwriting would have producers toning it down in the light of recent events if it was being filmed now.

There are also a few light moments & humour so it’s not all mayhem.