• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

TV Times

Mr Jinx

Very well known Exeweb poster
TV Times Cover for this week in 1986.
Bobby Davro with his prime time new Saturday Evening series starting on the 15th.

View attachment 8076
So I get the George Michael & Elton John. Is the other really Bob Geldof, lol? And as for the 4th one, I'm out of ideas??

DB9

So I get the George Michael & Elton John. Is the other really Bob Geldof, lol? And as for the 4th one, I'm out of ideas??
Chris De Burgh?

Oldsmobile-88

The bottom right is Geldof...No idea who the other one is.

Oldsmobile-88

I had this last night, Mrs DB9 got to the point when she started asking questions when i really just wanted to listen to the programme, As i didn't answer she gave up the questions. (This could be on "The Little Things That Annoy You" thread) The other half asking questions about a programme they don't get when you want to listen! :)
Know the feeling too well..I’ve got my thumb on the pause button constantly 😁

Reminds me of my dear old gran watching a programme with a complex plot years ago, constantly asking my mum what was happening much to her irritation....”Stop interrupting & Listen” 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: DB9

Tim Long

Having watched episode 2 of The Ipcress File I am now seeing Joe Cole as Joe 90 rather than Harry Palmer and Lucy Boynton as Lady Penelope from Thunderbirds.

The plot is moving along nicely mind. (y)
It was very Joe 90 when he was in the room with the reel to reel tapes spinning in the background. But it gets worse... I'm beginning to wonder whether they've kidnapped the professor to find out whether his lock conforms to BS3621.

1647288753620.png
1647288817312.png

https://www.euro-secure.com/news/explaining-the-adverts-bs3621/

... and when they mentioned Chico who else shouted "it's Chico time!" at the TV. You may get the impression I'm finding it difficult to suspend my disbelief and take the series seriously.

Tim Long

... and when they mentioned Chico who else shouted "it's Chico time!" at the TV. You may get the impression I'm finding it difficult to suspend my disbelief and take the series seriously.
Oh and the 'Eric and Ernie' bit when he was in bed in his vest with the woman waiting for the photographer to turn up for proof of infidelity so he could get divorced. I think there may be a market for the Joe 90 puppet to be CGIed into the series in place of Joe Cole and voiced by James Buckley as Jay from The Inbetweeners to get full value from lines like "yeah, I used to smuggle whisky from West to East Berlin"
Has anyone got any ideas why I live alone ?

Alistair20000

Oh and the 'Eric and Ernie' bit when he was in bed in his vest with the woman waiting for the photographer to turn up for proof of infidelity so he could get divorced. I think there may be a market for the Joe 90 puppet to be CGIed into the series in place of Joe Cole and voiced by James Buckley as Jay from The Inbetweeners to get full value from lines like "yeah, I used to smuggle whisky from West to East Berlin"
Has anyone got any ideas why I live alone ?
How to we shoehorn Juliou Scott Golbourne into it ?

Tim Long

Thought it might be someone like Daniel O'Donnell, but then I thought the bottom two were Odd Bod from Carry On Screaming.

Banksy

I had this last night, Mrs DB9 got to the point when she started asking questions when i really just wanted to listen to the programme, As i didn't answer she gave up the questions. (This could be on "The Little Things That Annoy You" thread) The other half asking questions about a programme they don't get when you want to listen! :)
You know you’ve got problems following a production when you start thinking characters from the ad breaks are part of the show.You know , when you think say the git on the Cinch ad is really the murderer.

Tim Long

You know you’ve got problems following a production when you start thinking characters from the ad breaks are part of the show.You know , when you think say the git on the Cinch ad is really the murderer.
No, real problems are when - and this genuinely happened - you turn into the person who writes to Dirty Den to tell him his new girlfriend is married to a doctor, because the actress was also in a sitcom at the same time.
As for the 'git in the Cinch ad', I assume you mean Rylan: when I was moving house I started a discussion with the movers as to "if you could kill someone with absolutely no consequences, who would it be?" One of them opted for Rylan. Despite my stipulation of 'no consequences', we decided shallow grave was too dodgy as his teeth would shine through the surface. Luckily, no-one opted for a non-celebrity such as, say, the missus.