• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

TV Times

ecfc70

My fault really so no need for apology DB9

Reactions: DB9

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
For anyone interested in the history of the monarchy then check out Royal B*stards Rise of the Tudors. Covers the war of the roses through to Henry Tudor in 3 palatable parts with Sheila Atim, Philip Glenister and Phoebe Sparrow telling the story from the Lancaster, Yorkshire and Tudor perspectives.....Last part airs tonight on sky showcase but should be able to catch up on sky player
Thanks for the heads up. I have caught up with it now. If you had said it was Sophie Rundle telling the story from the Tudor perspective I would have been even quicker 😉.

It was a good introduction into what can be a complicated period of working out who was who and on whose side at any time. The only thing I felt the need to look up was where the two houses originated from (Edward III) and why. Really good watch.

Oldsmobile-88

Busby Sky Documentary’s.

A look at Matt Busbys time as Manchester United manager 1945-69.

Oldsmobile-88

Sky will allow Sunday’s Grand Prix showdown to
be broadcasted on Channel 4.

Race start time 1pm.

DB9

That's TV are now showing The Benny Hill Show on TV, The first time it has been shown on TV here in over 20 years and i think they had to go to court about it because someone objected to it.

Mr Jinx

Sky will allow Sunday’s Grand Prix showdown to
be broadcasted on Channel 4.

Race start time 1pm.
It was a close run thing. C4 management had to wrestle with the prospect of having to re-arrange a repeat of Gogglebox.

Oldsmobile-88

A release on Netflix at the end of next month looks good...Munich-The Edge of War.

Jeremy Irons plays Neville Chamberlain as Europe teeters on the brink of conflict in autumn 1938.
I don’t recall a drama or film about that time/subject

I recall when I was taking up some old Lino in a house around 1978 there were newspapers from 1938 lining the floor,including one with the headline ‘Peace in our time’...

Banksy

A release on Netflix at the end of next month looks good...Munich-The Edge of War.

Jeremy Irons plays Neville Chamberlain as Europe teeters on the brink of conflict in autumn 1938.
I don’t recall a drama or film about that time/subject

I recall when I was taking up some old Lino in a house around 1978 there were newspapers from 1938 lining the floor,including one with the headline ‘Peace in our time’...
Yes I found something like that , a time capsule under the floorboards at my old Exeter home back in the Nineties A fifty odd year old Daily Mirror when I was getting the wiring checked out.Think it was printed just after D Day.I remember wondering what whoever had left it there was thinking at that time.All our yesterdays………

Oldsmobile-88

Just the one season of US Crime drama Power to watch after ticking off the previous 5 seasons over the past month.

I did not realise that the actor who plays Kanan is a Rapper called 50 cent until I was checking the casts acting history.No surprise really,I’m not really into the NYC Hip Hop scene 😁
50 cent had a difficult early life & certainly adds a bit of gravitas to his role as a ex con out for revenge.Its hard to understand the softly spoken fella at times except for the profanity’s & race slur that one black calls another.That would no doubt have a UK director sweating if a similar script were written & produced in this country.

I love a lot of the US productions,they seem a lot less inhibited & a lot more complex than stuff produced on these shores with the exception of Peaky Blinders or Killing Eve on the BBC.

ITV drama offers nothing these days.

Last edited:

Oldsmobile-88

Watching the David Cameron documentary about the run up to the EU Referendum on iplayer.
Originally broadcasted in 2019,something I missed at the time.

BJ has aged about 20 years.Gove still looks shifty.
Fascinating stuff.