• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Trust Board election - Candidate's Manifestos

ChrisWickens

Can someone please confirm whether or not Mark Cordell is a "slate" candidate.

BTW: There seems to be a lot of tiresome mud throwing between certain individuals on this thread. This particular curmudgeon would like to see the discussion focus on the candidates and their manifestos. Just saying like.
That is partly re my posting about Sean Devine; sorry about that but I am just a curmudgeonly cynic. Note to myself - BE POSITIVE!

richard_portland

Very well known Exeweb poster
Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
i just prefer not to engage with you richard you and your debate' is pompous dull and meandering.
:)

As far as I can see you don't debate coherently with posters in general. It isn't just me that thought your question was irrelevant as any trust member is free to put there name forwards. I am far more interested in discussing the actual candidates, and will be making my vote on the 8th when I visit for the Grimsby match.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Have sent a question in for the hustings. Look forward to seeing if it will be asked (it's about Tisdale being manager).

dontpassback

Based upon what? Looks like some sort of opportunism by Devine to me.
Maybe that opportunism will come in useful when he comes across certain other board members who are of the same ilk!

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
I don't think it was any conscious exclusion - the 4 of us discussed the wording of the statement, and we all agreed to then put our names to it. From my perspective I wouldn't object at all if any other candidates want to put their names to the same statement (assuming of course that they do agree with what the statement says).
Terry probably needless to say you and your fellow candidates standing under the reform barrier will have both mine and my wife”s vote. I am encouraged to see that, reading various social media and in particular the Exeter Supporters Discussion Group, there is a momentum growing. Hopefully you will all get elected and that there are sufficient existing members who, with your arrival, will be more prepared to stand their ground, support you and kill off once and for all the negative mind set of the afraid to say "boo to a goose", navel gazing, procedurally obsessed individuals who have sat back and allowed the Club’s affairs to get into the state that they are now in.

Avening Posse

Am hoping that this is within the rules (have been told I can answer direct queries!)

Unfortunately I can't really go into any specifics, but this relates to discussions between a very well known professional English sports team (not football) and their governing body around improved and fairer allocation of finance. We did significant analysis into aspects such as attendance revenues, other major sources of income and regulatory/contractual constraints (both coming from governing bodies but also sponsorship agreements), and how this related to their cash position and fluctuations in this over the year. This was then used by the client to feed into their discussions with the governing body.

If you, or anyone else, has any questions they'd like to ask me, feel free to send a private message and I'll try to answer as best I can.
Cheers Matt

PeteUSA

Seriously; is there really a Mark Cordell? It seems like a made up Rock'n Roll name from the early 60's.

Mark Cordell

Seriously; is there really a Mark Cordell? It seems like a made up Rock'n Roll name from the early 60's.
I can confirm I am real and that I am not from the 60s. I haven't logged on to exeweb in a number of years although I have watched from afar during the process so far. I felt it best to keep my distance to comply with the trust requirements of not campaigning.

However with the questions asked above I felt some visibility would be acceptable. Whilst I agree with the groups proposal in principal it would not be professional to tag my name to it after they made the initial statement. Therefore I will ask you to consider me on my manifesto and hustings response alone.

I hope this helps to clear things up a little.

PeteUSA

Thanks Mark. I was harking back to the good old days in the early 60's at The America Hall. Johnny Cordell & The Mustangs!

Good luck.

Avening Posse

Apologies if this is already out there, but can someone tell me how many people are on the Trust board in total, so the potential new 7 and x amount of existing, and who the x amount of existing will be ?. Also keen to know if any of the 7 are likely to sit on the controlling Group of 4 employees and 4 Trust people, or are these 4 Trust people made up of existing ones ??....thanks in advance