• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Trust Board election - Candidate's Manifestos

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Couldnt agree more mate but it makes me laugh how some people talk on here, just be yourself and speak your mind like you would in the pub guys!! You are not politicians and you are not appearing on question time anytime soon.
You could agree more because you actually made a disparaging comment about people who work at lidles. Listen to you : you really think you're something, don't you. Pity you're not. Obligatory "mate" added.

Redarrow

You could agree more because you actually made a disparaging comment about people who work at lidles. Listen to you : you really think you're something, don't you. Pity you're not. Obligatory "mate" added.
Was just an example 'mate'.....my main point irrespective of what employer i stated was the fact you are all so pent up on putting your opinion across in a 'clever' way when in fact you make yourselfs look desperate while acting to be clever, a lot of googling posh words must be done!!

malcolms

Was just an example 'mate'.....my main point irrespective of what employer i stated was the fact you are all so pent up on putting your opinion across in a 'clever' way when in fact you make yourselfs look desperate while acting to be clever, a lot of googling posh words must be done!!
It's called being articulate but in this case it could masquerade as education....

Terryhall

Sorry, are you talking about us or Tisdale?

Some people really do talk like this, it takes all sorts to make the world after all.

Matt Phillips

Just to say in advance, although I might know who some of them are, I don't actually know any of them at all personally, so no bias etc.....

Does anybody know Matthew Phillips ?, and specifically what he means by "I have also been involved in a project alongside a major professional sporting team, looking at revenue analytics and financial robustness, with a view to key stakeholder negotiations"..........especially what he means by the last 7 words ??
Am hoping that this is within the rules (have been told I can answer direct queries!)

Unfortunately I can't really go into any specifics, but this relates to discussions between a very well known professional English sports team (not football) and their governing body around improved and fairer allocation of finance. We did significant analysis into aspects such as attendance revenues, other major sources of income and regulatory/contractual constraints (both coming from governing bodies but also sponsorship agreements), and how this related to their cash position and fluctuations in this over the year. This was then used by the client to feed into their discussions with the governing body.

If you, or anyone else, has any questions they'd like to ask me, feel free to send a private message and I'll try to answer as best I can.

Terryhall

I'm intrigued that Mark Cordell is not on that list. Anyone know why he's been excluded?
I don't think it was any conscious exclusion - the 4 of us discussed the wording of the statement, and we all agreed to then put our names to it. From my perspective I wouldn't object at all if any other candidates want to put their names to the same statement (assuming of course that they do agree with what the statement says).

CSM-ECFC

I don't think it was any conscious exclusion - the 4 of us discussed the wording of the statement, and we all agreed to then put our names to it. From my perspective I wouldn't object at all if any other candidates want to put their names to the same statement (assuming of course that they do agree with what the statement says).
Totally agree Terry,

Clive

Red Bill

Totally agree Terry,

Clive
Me too, more than happy if he wants to join us.

Alistair20000

Can someone please confirm whether or not Mark Cordell is a "slate" candidate.

BTW: There seems to be a lot of tiresome mud throwing between certain individuals on this thread. This particular curmudgeon would like to see the discussion focus on the candidates and their manifestos. Just saying like.

Last edited:

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Can someone please confirm whether or not Mark Cordell is a "slate" candidate.

BTW: There seems to be a lot of tiresome mud throwing between certain individuals on this thread. This particular curmudgeon would like to see the discussion focus on the candidates and their manifestos. Just saying like.
i

Al I could not agree with you more.