• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Transfers in/outs 2020/21 and Retained list

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Sounds like there’s a strong possibility of both more Ins and OUTS in MTs latest interview.
Yes sounded like the Josh Key saga is still running (not that City are rolling over, but Sunderland are still trying)

Red Devon

Yes sounded like the Josh Key saga is still running (not that City are rolling over, but Sunderland are still trying)
It would be a big blow to lose Josh Key or one of our other young starlets at this stage. I am yet to be convinced that Matt Taylor has recruited strongly this summer.

Banksy

It would be a big blow to lose Josh Key or one of our other young starlets at this stage. I am yet to be convinced that Matt Taylor has recruited strongly this summer.
Nor I , but I guess it will take half a dozen games to know for sure.Then there’s the question of whether we have enough cover with Stubbs as an example always hanging around the treatment table.If we lost Key and say Mattie Jay in late bids that would upset our plans a tad.We‘d be rolling in cash but in view of the difficulties MT’s had recruiting , would we get adequate replacements especially at short notice? That said , having several million to splash , I suppose we could really push the boat out for a couple of decent players’ salaries.

DB9

That said , having several million to splash , I suppose we could really push the boat out for a couple of decent players’ salaries.
And become the likes of Mansfield, FGR, Salford etc, What will people say? 🙄🤣

Banksy

And become the likes of Mansfield, FGR, Salford etc, What will people say? 🙄🤣
Spudler

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Nor I , but I guess it will take half a dozen games to know for sure.Then there’s the question of whether we have enough cover with Stubbs as an example always hanging around the treatment table.If we lost Key and say Mattie Jay in late bids that would upset our plans a tad.We‘d be rolling in cash but in view of the difficulties MT’s had recruiting , would we get adequate replacements especially at short notice? That said , having several million to splash , I suppose we could really push the boat out for a couple of decent players’ salaries.
Yes, but we can't go too far out to sea as we'd get caught by the SCMP rules.

Banksy

Yes, but we can't go too far out to sea as we'd get caught by the SCMP rules.
What’s The South China Morning Post got to do with it? 😀

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
What’s The South China Morning Post got to do with it? 😀
They are very critical of boat people in HK.

Number13

Hope Sunderland aren’t on the prowl again.
Hope they are. We need to sell where we can as you just dont know where the next Watkins, Grimes, Ampadu (or Key) is

Always sell at the right price if you can. You're not telling me that we can't replace Key for a tenth of the money we'll get for him?

Thats the model people - bring through kids and either (a) use them for our team (Jay being the current example) or (b) flog them to keep us going

Trapdoor

If its 1mil + addons I think that is a fair price. Anything less and tell them to jog on. We arent cash strapped and given a few more years he will be worth double that.