• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Transfer Rumours 2020/21

muppetdodger

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
I'm hurt.
Then the answer is to retire.

Here to help.

Legohead

Banned
Please God no. Not Gnanduillet! Seen him play live for my local club Chesterfield during a 3 year stint there. He is lazy. Other than his latest spell at Blackpool where he did do really well tbf, his scoring rate is really poor. He looks like one of those players who decides himself whether he's interested or not in putting in a shift on any given day and IMO these types of players aren't needed at ECFC.

robchave

Welcome Sam Stubbs. Right, who's next?

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Stockley to Charlton on loan is now doing the rounds on the football forum. Would be a good move for him.

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
Stockley to Charlton on loan is now doing the rounds on the football forum. Would be a good move for him.
Seems a lot more realistic.

ExmouthMart

So we struggle to sign anyone not injured or who is picky about the surface for training and then the Manager is interested in signing a player from a Championship Club on big wages! Full credit to Taylor if he asked Preston if they wouldn’t mind paying some of his wages while he was here and in return we could offer him back up to Bowman and a nice lodge out at Fingle Glen......

Spanks

Administrator
Staff member
Then the answer is to retire.

Here to help.
Thanks then! Good enough excuse for me!

Red Bill

Considering the stop/start nature of Jayden's time in the Championship, 9 goals in 21 starts and 44 sub appearances is far from the worse. I think we saw from his time here Jayden thrives on consistent starts. If another Championship club were to give him that (a Cardiff or Rotherham or on the evidence from the other day Sheffield Wednesday) he could yet thrive.

Preston will have to bite the bullet and take a hit eventually if they want Jayden off the books. They are just fishing at the moment to gage the interest and the financial capability of those interested. They will end up subsidising a loan deal or agreeing a pay off with Jayden at some point to whoever the highest bidder Jayden is happy enough to go to.
You don't have to sell Jayden to me Rosey, I love the man and I agree he wasn't given the opportunity to shine at Preston (bit like Ajose with us...waits for avalanche!), just trying to view it dispassionately as I magine any buying club will. It just doesn't look like Preston are taking the same view, which cold be detrimental to both club and player in the long run.

Corey

If we’re looking for a striker, Omar Bogle might be worth a look. After Stockley has joined Charlton, he’s been bumped down to something like 5th choice striker there. Had a brilliant record for Grimsby when he was last at this level and despite not many minutes since, he has still scored quite a few over the last few seasons which he’s spent in the Champ/L1.