• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Transfer Rumours 2020/21

Red Monster

I dont really agree with Matt Taylor. Although I loved Stockley when he was here and would agree that his performance with us earned him his chance at championship level, his record since being at Preston doesn't suggest he's earn the right to continue at that level as he doesn't appear to have taken that chance. We might have a slightly rose tinted view of him, but for anyone looking from the outside, his record makes him a real risk for a championship club and i'm not too sure there'll be many takers at that level. £7000 a week is nearly a quater of a L2 clubs annual budget and nearly 15% of a L1 club. Ok it's only for half a season, but at this stage who has that much of their budget left? It makes him a serious risk at any level in the current climate.
I think Preston may be cutting off their nose to spite their face if they stick to asking another club to cover all his wages. They have a player who isn't going to play another game for the rest of the season wile they cover all his wages and no one else gets to see what he's about enough to take a punt on a player who's only excelled at L2 before.
I don’t think Jayden has been given much of a chance at Preston
Alex Neil has only started him 21 times ,he’s been on the bench
twice that number .
He never seems to get a of a run of games.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Fan fund? £7k a week is it. So £150k to end of season say
4,000 city fans cough up £20 each, cost of attending 1 game
Club matches it

Job's a good 'un. L1 here we come
I'm in - do we have 3999 'willing' others on Exeweb ?
UTC

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
Couple of rumours about 6’5” CF Harry Smith but it appears he is heading north of the border.
First caught my eye when playing for Macclesfield has a similar strike rate to Bowman....his arrival would spell the end of Bowman’s guaranteed starting place and would definitely be an upgrade on Fisher if we could get him.

Red Devon

First caught my eye when playing for Macclesfield has a similar strike rate to Bowman....his arrival would spell the end of Bowman’s guaranteed starting place and would definitely be an upgrade on Fisher if we could get him.
Scrap that has just signed for Motherwell on loan I see.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
I don’t think Jayden has been given much of a chance at Preston
Alex Neil has only started him 21 times ,he’s been on the bench
twice that number .
He never seems to get a of a run of games.
Guess him and Nicky Ajose would have plenty to talk about.

Red Bill

Matt said Jayden has "earnt the right to play at a higher level" than L2. Whether that is another Championship side who think Jayden suits them more than PNE or a L1 side who have room in their budget remains to be seen. As you say, Jayden excelled in L2. That suggests that he can play higher. Doesn't always happen of course. But I would agree with Matt that if Jayden ends up in L2, I would much rather it was with us!
You're right I have misquoted him, but I think my points still stand. I'm not convinced that based on evidence available to them, another championship club will be willing to take a punt. I agree he's too good for L2 and i'm sure if he did come down to L2 non of us would want him going anywhere other than us.
I think we've been over playing the lil ol us, we're so poor card., the salary cap plus our windfalls is going to mean a much more level playing field where where we can compete with anyone else in our league, so i'd be really surprised if he did end up at another L2 club even if one could somehow afford him. I think if he goes anywhere it will be to L1, but at that cost he'll be a big risk for them based on the evidence in front of them. But given football's lunatic business philosophy, I suppose anything is possible!

Rosencrantz

You're right I have misquoted him, but I think my points still stand. I'm not convinced that based on evidence available to them, another championship club will be willing to take a punt. I agree he's too good for L2 and i'm sure if he did come down to L2 non of us would want him going anywhere other than us.
I think we've been over playing the lil ol us, we're so poor card., the salary cap plus our windfalls is going to mean a much more level playing field where where we can compete with anyone else in our league, so i'd be really surprised if he did end up at another L2 club even if one could somehow afford him. I think if he goes anywhere it will be to L1, but at that cost he'll be a big risk for them based on the evidence in front of them. But given football's lunatic business philosophy, I suppose anything is possible!
Considering the stop/start nature of Jayden's time in the Championship, 9 goals in 21 starts and 44 sub appearances is far from the worse. I think we saw from his time here Jayden thrives on consistent starts. If another Championship club were to give him that (a Cardiff or Rotherham or on the evidence from the other day Sheffield Wednesday) he could yet thrive.

Preston will have to bite the bullet and take a hit eventually if they want Jayden off the books. They are just fishing at the moment to gage the interest and the financial capability of those interested. They will end up subsidising a loan deal or agreeing a pay off with Jayden at some point to whoever the highest bidder Jayden is happy enough to go to.

Grecianpasty

Armand Gnanduillet - Former Blackpool striker. Physical player with a good scoring pedigree at this level. He's just left a club in Turkey and rumoured to come back to English football. Would be a good signing for anyone at our level.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Armand Gnanduillet - Former Blackpool striker. Physical player with a good scoring pedigree at this level. He's just left a club in Turkey and rumoured to come back to English football. Would be a good signing for anyone at our level.
Obviously however he will be way out of our reach.

18 goals in 36 games for Blackpool last season.

Keep dreaming.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm in - do we have 3999 'willing' others on Exeweb ?
UTC
I'm in (y)