• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Transfer Rumours 2020/21

Spoonz Red E

Very well known Exeweb poster
If Exeter need a striker you need to get in quick for Marcus Forss here at Brentford on loan. He did well at Wimbledon and your style of play would suit him. It would be good to see him helping you in your quest for promotion. Get in quick gents, he’s not quite ready for the Championship yet.
Are you a Star Wars fan? ;)

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
MT said right from just after the play off loss that he was looking for two players, everything he said since was consistent with that including the news that two contracts had been sent out last week. It is of course possible that we may also have got extra income from another source but it must have been known about for some time to be the reason for these signings.

I don't want us to gamble by making additional signings unless it is affordable, and am comfortable that the club won't do this. We will use the youngsters more this season and hopefully they will benefit because of it. Hopefully if we are lucky to get future windfalls from Watkins or elsewhere it may lead to further signings, although of course the main news we need is when fans can return and how many because I'm sure everyone understands how vital that income is to a lower league club. I wonder if uk fans will be able to pay to watch games on ifollow until fans are back in significant numbers to help bridge some of that lost income.

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
If Exeter need a striker you need to get in quick for Marcus Forss here at Brentford on loan. He did well at Wimbledon and your style of play would suit him. It would be good to see him helping you in your quest for promotion. Get in quick gents, he’s not quite ready for the Championship yet.
Thanks, I guess it would depend how much Brentford would want as a loan fee and what the wage cost would be.

Long Lost Bee

Thanks, I guess it would depend how much Brentford would want as a loan fee and what the wage cost would be.
I don’t think we do loan fees.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Forrs would be a heck of a signing but surely Brentford would want to play in L1 again after doing well there last season

iscalad

Keep him, sell Ollie

Rosencrantz

A bit of a divergence but I can't believe we had Dara the other season for £100pw according to Matt. Good business that. Not sure Brentford would be quite that generous so if they could just sell Ollie I'm sure we could agree something 👍

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Apparently, according to one of those Twitter rumour accounts, we've offered former Southend Utd midfielder Luke Hyam a contract.

6/10.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Apparently, according to one of those Twitter rumour accounts, we've offered former Southend Utd midfielder Luke Hyam a contract.

6/10.
I think 6/10 is generous. Mainly because he’s a midfielder and that he has an awful injury record...

If the Cheese was still in charge, this would be a high 9/10:p

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'd be surprised. Quite apart from his injury record, we have no need that I can see for a central midfielder who doesn't score goals.