• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Transfer Rumours 2020/21

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I'm predicting a signing at noon tomorrow! :)

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
MT was hinting at getting them in for the start of preseason this week so you might not be too far out.

Boyo

Don''t forget any incoming transfer money is split 3 ways over 3 seasons. That means 1/9 of that income is dedicated to the playing staff per season. Not peanuts for us but not life- changing either.
I think it is well known that the playing budget has been increased by a tune of £500k over the past few seasons, due to windfalls from a number of player sales. The initial intention was for the same to happen this coming season, but presumably this has been scrapped due to Covid. I believe our base playing budget is £1.2m or £1.3m, so I'd suggest that the extra £500k was massively significant. I have no idea if the whole £500k has been ditched this year, but with the number of players leaving and seemingly many not to be replaced, it does suggest that we are cutting back to the bone.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm predicting an announcement late this afternoon ;)

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think it is well known that the playing budget has been increased by a tune of £500k over the past few seasons, due to windfalls from a number of player sales. The initial intention was for the same to happen this coming season, but presumably this has been scrapped due to Covid. I believe our base playing budget is £1.2m or £1.3m, so I'd suggest that the extra £500k was massively significant. I have no idea if the whole £500k has been ditched this year, but with the number of players leaving and seemingly many not to be replaced, it does suggest that we are cutting back to the bone.
From info give to the Trust AGM the base is (?was?) actually £1.08M.

Last season's actual will have been significantly more than £1.58M, though the extra month's salary in July to the released players will of course be in this FY.

Grecianpasty

Will both caprice and shepard be the signings? I very much doubt it, given that neither are a right side centre back. I don't know how good Caprice is, but I'd be disappointed not to see Shepard if it was between the two.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Any local estate agents have anything to report?

iscalad

Why are we waiting!!!

iscalad

Any local estate agents have anything to report?
Can anyone pop into Nandos?

Grecian2K

Caprice sounds a model professional!