• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Transfer Rumours 2020/21

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Matty T latest interview

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
Yeah but I think he means an Exeter City shirt, not one from M&S
Well maybe next time he can be a little more specific.

ryancooper327

I don't give a cr@p how old a signing is. If they have 1 good season and get us out of the $hite division it's worth it.
Fair point!

IndoMike

I don't give a cr@p how old a signing is. If they have 1 good season and get us out of the $hite division it's worth it.
Amen

onemansview

My home is Chesterfield but my heart is in Tokyo
About sums it all up onemansvi
About sums it all up onemansview , which will be particularly dangerous for clubs at our level when football finally restarts properly , getting folk interested again.(Whenever that might be , especially after the latest step back today.) It is obvious that with the large influxes of cash still finding its way into the Premier and Championship leagues from tv etc that life seems to go on as normal for them . In fact this scenario seems to have been set up just for these two leagues with L1 downwards being left up the creek. And if the average fan of teams in these lower leagues can’t work up much enthusiasm where are the crowds and cash coming from , what with grounds less than half full and especially with none of the usual transfer signing excitement teams what with lower league teams being run down player wise by and large.
I guess that from what we have seen so far, there will be little support for smaller clubs that get into financial difficulties from the PL elite who have little interest in the wider picture from inside their bubble. As someone who only gets to away games these days, I worry that restrictions on away fans travelling will be in place for quite sometime, thereby diluting the atmosphere even more so.

C j phill

I think we missed our chance last season and the few before that, when we had the benefit of large top-ups to the playing budget from the Watkins, Storey, Stockley and Ampadu transfers. My concern is that the playing budget will very soon revert to "pre windfall" levels, in which case, promotion out of this division will become much more difficult. We may have to reign in our expectations, more around League 2 survival, rather than play-offs or automatic promotion.

IndoMike

I think we missed our chance last season and the few before that, when we had the benefit of large top-ups to the playing budget from the Watkins, Storey, Stockley and Ampadu transfers. My concern is that the playing budget will very soon revert to "pre windfall" levels, in which case, promotion out of this division will become much more difficult. We may have to reign in our expectations, more around League 2 survival, rather than play-offs or automatic promotion.
You might be right, CJ. To be honest, everything is farked up at the mo, and footie along with it. Uncertainty reigns
If we can play this season I'd be happy with mid-table if we can give our young 'uns some good Div 2 experience.
imo we will have made some progress if we can do that.
But this virus is so stubborn and destructive that footie might be the least of our worries this year..

DB9

You might be right, CJ. To be honest, everything is farked up at the mo, and footie along with it. Uncertainty reigns
If we can play this season I'd be happy with mid-table if we can give our young 'uns some good Div 2 experience.
imo we will have made some progress if we can do that.
But this virus is so stubborn and destructive that footie might be the least of our worries this year..
Like Matt said, Most teams in L2 haven't played any footie since March, We have during the play offs so we might be a bit more game ready than others and hopefully that'll turn into points on the board early on.

Rosencrantz

I suspect we are already now operating on "pre-windfall" budgets or maybe lower. On the other hand, if we still didn't have some of those windfalls to call on now, you can only imagine what a problem we would have, and it would be the case for whatever division we might be in.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Budget isn't everything, you need luck etc too.

Accrington got promoted and stayed up on a very low P1 budget.

However it's clearly more difficult in Devon than in Lancashire, though Accrington and Morecambe probably seem as far away as Exeter if you live in Manchester or Liverpool.🤣