• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Transfer Deadline Day Thread

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
Yeah I was hoping for some sort of update from Gary…
“We tried to get a few but they all fell through, we’ll look to move into the free agent market now…”
Or something like that
Careful, here come the people saying he needs his sleep (as a grown man before midnight)

It's one day.

Corey

Luke Armstrong went to Wrexham in the end by the way… would’ve liked that one

Mid Devon Grecian

No obviously not, but I expect some sort of update at the close; if other clubs can do it why can't we? It's one day in the year.
I wouldn’t expect our club to be participating in making excuses as others may well do. We’re no weaker today than we were yesterday IMO and it’s only 4 months to January.

As GC has intimated, we might not spend in this window but could later. Better to buy quality than take the dross because fans are getting impatient.

I’m well chuffed with our current squad and we can add later. There might even be a surprise quality signing via a free agent who knows…..

Grecian Max

I wouldn’t expect our club to be participating in making excuses as others may well do. We’re no weaker today than we were yesterday IMO and it’s only 4 months to January.

As GC has intimated, we might not spend in this window but could later. Better to buy quality than take the dross because fans are getting impatient.

I’m well chuffed with our current squad and we can add later. There might even be a surprise quality signing via a free agent who knows…..
Not getting impatient, we have barely anything up top and should have been sorted weeks ago. Doesn't have to any old dross.

What you guarantee, at every juncture on exeweb - is excuses when things don't go well. It didn't go well, that is a bad deadline day as it stands.

Just admit it.

tom_ecfc

so who’s staying up to 1am for the official official deadline? (Aka the real fans! 😉)

Wouldn’t say write off all our chances just yet. Clubs are still announcing transfers now.

denzel

That's all very well, but GC himself was confident of getting more over the line today. It will probably be tomorrow now, and maybe after the game, but it will be interesting to know what's happened.

Mid Devon Grecian

Not getting impatient, we have barely anything up top and should have been sorted weeks ago. Doesn't have to any old dross.

What you guarantee, at every juncture on exeweb - is excuses when things don't go well. It didn't go well, that is a bad deadline day as it stands.

Just admit it.
If we’d had a poor start to the season I’d cut you some slack but as things stand I reckon we’re good with the Admiral leading the line until Xmas 😁

Steve Moran3

Rovers sign Clarke Harris. Reportedly 800k.

We can't compete with that.
Indeed. You do have to wonder why a L1 club that paid £1.4M for him 2 years ago would let him go to another L1 club for around half the money unless they are in financial troubles - when he has a scoring ratio around 1 in 2 games? At least we are safe in the knowledge that under that clown Barton they could have the 1970 Brazil squad and still not challenge.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Deadline day always a difficult time for all concerned even more so when on a Friday with players and managers scattered all over the country preparing for the Saturday games.

Even more so in our case when all concerned are on their travels and away from their desks.