• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Torquay struggling to sell 3,000 home tickets v the scum

Southampton Gull

What is it with TUFC fans with dogs as their avatars?

JM, Kent and Soton all have them....
You person ;)

Jersey Tone

Reading around the forums it seems that Argyle fans have tickets for the home sections... in which case, I hope the club (Torquay) put their words into action where they have stated that any Argyle fan in the home sections will be ejected from the ground.
Does sound like you're going to be outnumbered fella. Having said that, if you believed the Exeweb boards last season they were going to infest all four sides of our ground back in April. In the end the OB removed about four of them from the Flybe, including a raspberry with a walking stick!!!

On_The_Beach

The truth is (and greeks might struggle to understand this) that this game means as much to us as say Macclesfield or Barnet. Alright, a bit more than that but not much.

Unlike you lot we don't obsess over everything green secretly wishing we could be like them.

jmgull

Pretty sure it said on our official site y/day that the greens have NEARLY sold there allocation......hardly an invasion of the home ends imminent by the sound of it.

As for our fans, disappointing turnout for sure - the regs.....will be there though, lets face it there aint too much about the argyle team these days that will get the occasional fan away from the armchair:S

Red the Paper

Banned
4 nil Torquay. Probably the Gulls easiest ever fixture against Argyle. When is the Argyle home game. would be great if Torquay relegated them

JamieEcfc

4 nil Torquay. Probably the Gulls easiest ever fixture against Argyle. When is the Argyle home game. would be great if Torquay relegated them
Doubt they'll be relegating Plymouth in January ;)

Southampton Gull

I reckon Ian should send us both invites for the corporate do ;)

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
The truth is (and greeks might struggle to understand this) that this game means as much to us as say Macclesfield or Barnet. Alright, a bit more than that but not much.

Unlike you lot we don't obsess over everything green secretly wishing we could be like them.
OTB, the truth is City v Argyle (And its a two way thing - what was Argyle's biggest gate by far last year?) is the big Devon derby and you lot are tinpot nobodies.

Good luck and hope to hear the usual "we hate exeter" chants go round all 3 sides of the ground.

FACT is that when we're in town both the scum and the tinpot gulls turn up in (relative) numbers!

Last edited:

banging_them_in

Well-known Exeweb poster
(relative) numbers!
.....your typically restricted excretian love life, I'd say !

Red the Paper

Banned
I reckon Ian should send us both invites for the corporate do ;)
I would have to bring my own personal taster