• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Torquay struggling to sell 3,000 home tickets v the scum

EX4 6PX

Well-known Exeweb poster
Only 1055 tickets allocated to PAFC.

Wouldn't it make more sense to put the Chipnickers in the Away end and sell the rest to Argyle?
But who would fill the rest of the away end?

argylepaul

But who would fill the rest of the away end?
Mike Bateson could have one of his portable double glazing displays.
That said, it is bigger then your away end. I have got in touch with the makers of Subbuteo, and they are sending you a box down to help out.

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
Mike Bateson could have one of his portable double glazing displays.
That said, it is bigger then your away end. I have got in touch with the makers of Subbuteo, and they are sending you a box down to help out.
Have you considered asking them for a couple of players on loan for yourselves as well, just to help you out in your "cup final", plucky underDOG? <titter?

Last edited:

Grecian2K

Tell you what though, I've even taken the trouble to find you a whole new squad your "cup final" tomorrow
Trouble is, even at £39.95 for the lot, you still couldn't afford them.
http://uk.ebid.net/for-sale/subbuteo-vintage-plymouth-argyle-team-ref-15-40932623.htm

Last edited:

argylepaul

Tell you what though, I've even taken the trouble to find you a whole new squad your "cup final" tomorrow
Trouble is, even at £39.95 for the lot, you still couldn't afford them.
http://uk.ebid.net/for-sale/subbuteo-vintage-plymouth-argyle-team-ref-15-40932623.htm
I suppose City fans had to make do with Sunderland.
Regarding this Cup Final tomorrow. It of course means that either Torquay (or most probably) Argyle knocked you out in your own (Semi) Final.

Last edited:

Grecian2K

Au contraire Polly(WITHOUT the 'anna).

We had our own very smart kit.

(Although it was a part of the commercial deal that we high flying LEAGUE ONE outfits were obliged to occasionally help out our Blue Square friends up in East Anglia with a kit loan)

Oh, and by the way, is it true that Subbuteo were recently considering introducing a special Pl*muff Argiggle WORLD CUP BUS, but had to withdraw it from sale because the wheels kept falling off?

Grecian2K

Regarding this Cup Final tomorrow. It of course means that either Torquay (or most probably) Argyle knocked you out in your own (Semi) Final.
How bizarre. The closest 'semis" relating to ECFC you are likely to get this season (esp after the JPT) is your regular dips into the exciting world of EXEweb

argylepaul

You've got a Brentford kit there - it says so! ;)
This is what Exeter fans used back in the day. If they had any Airfix paint, they could just put the stripes on the shirts, and not worry about the rest of the kit.
The Subbuteo World Cup bus was Japanese made, and (like the bid) fell to pieces.:'(