• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tony Blair buys ninth home

Swanaldo

Very well known Exeweb poster
Whatever you say he was not right wing. Although, with hindsight, you could say some of the stuff he did definitely was.
I'd say invading a middle eastern country with no provocation whatsoever is about as right-wing as you can get....

LOG

OK here's a thought process: saying things such as "muslims should get out of britain because they increase crime" or are "not british" or are "all terrorists" or that they "hate britain and our way of life" or any other number of the claims the BNP have tried to make in the past is simply inaccurate. But not only is it inaccurate it also displays an extremely prejudiced opinion, in fact it is worse than a prejudiced opinion it is completely wrong and downright racist as evidenced by the EDL trying to beat up non-muslim asians under the mistaken thought that they were.

Hows that for a thought process?
And then the bear had a sh*t in the woods.

tavyred

Since when was Tony Blair left wing? More Tory than most Tory c*nts to be honest.
Like most Labour leaders he knows that to become electable he had to become pragmatic as regards his policies.
For instance, to attract your vote and the other irrelevant old labourites, he would just have to re-write Michael Foot`s 1983 election manifesto,otherwise know as the longest suicde note in political history.
Blair swept to power in 97 because he appealed to people like myself,the moral majority I like to call us.
Events, did for old Blair In the end, but let`s not forget what an operator he was.
Blair knew the british people, and he played us beautifully!

angelic upstart

If you change the word moral for thick as f*ck, idiotic, I would agree entirely Tavy.

tavyred

If you change the word moral for thick as f*ck, idiotic, I would agree entirely Tavy.
A bit strong there AU, clearly your impending "gainfully employed" status is winding you up a tad. No more empty summer days, spouting your ill-thought out drivel on here, all the while trying to convince yourself that you were`nt in fact a drain on the country which you seem to despise so much.

angelic upstart

A bit strong there AU, clearly your impending "gainfully employed" status is winding you up a tad. No more empty summer days, spouting your ill-thought out drivel on here, all the while trying to convince yourself that you were`nt in fact a drain on the country which you seem to despise so much.
You said "Blair swept to power in 97 because he appealed to people like myself,the moral majority I like to call us."

However, that moral majority, were actually exactly as I described them.

With regard to your personal comments regarding myself, I will, to the best of my ability, attempt to clear up any misnomers. I have been "employed" for the last 6 weeks, I have merely been waiting to start my new "gainfully employed status. I haven't enjoyed being on the rock n roll one bit, I was, and at present are a drain on finances, as are many other people and issues. I have happily paid taxes for 16 years, and will happily do so for the remainder of my working days. My summer days were very empty, because I wasn't working, and my "ill thought out drivel" is far from that. However, it appears that you're a little stuck in your ways and either don't want, or cannot see the need for change in this nation.

I love Great Britain, I am a patriot and a proud one at that.

Here to clarify

Mr Jinx

What do you gentlemen think it'll take Mr Milliband to win back this 'moral majority'?

angelic upstart

What do you gentlemen think it'll take Mr Milliband to win back this 'moral majority'?
A miracle, or a massive balls up from the Tories.

The Lib Dems are as good as dead already.

Poultice

I'd say invading a middle eastern country with no provocation whatsoever is about as right-wing as you can get....
I would say that invading Afghanistan, Poland, Hungary, Tibet and South Korea were about as left wing as you can get.

Conquest is seldom about left and right, but is always about money and power.

tavyred

However, it appears that you're a little stuck in your ways and either don't want, or cannot see the need for change in this nation.
The change you speak of, has happened, the people spoke and it resulted in a new coalition government in June.
The reason I voted tory for the first time since 83, is because we need a new kind of realism,economically and politically, it remains to be seen as to whether they succeed or have the will to do what needs to be done. Your views on just about everything are just lifted verbatim from the the book of "tw*tish lefty b*ll*cks".....grow up AU, they don`t mean anything!
The reason you challenge my opinions is not because they`re wrong it`s because I have the balls to have an opinion in the first place, you believe in a vacuous lefty open-house utopia where everthing is paid for by some other c*nt and woe-be-tide anyone who has the gall to challenge this pipe-dream, if they do you spit the words racist or xenophobe, as if its some sort of defence to your empty and hackneyed old arguments.
I`m the radical here, it`s lefty dullards like you who are stuck in their ways!