• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tisdale to MK Dons

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
One thing not mentioned before is this idea that Tis made Exeter City. I would argue the reverse. We gave him his first managerial role and were extremely patient with him during the lean years. He became the longest serving manager after Wenger only because we allowed that to happen. Whilst he achieved some good things for City, it wasn't a one-way street.

LOG

It certainly wasn't a one way street but i'm not sure anyone has ever claimed that Tisdale made Exeter City.

Red Monster

He might have sold it to Winkelman; its the MK fans that it needs to be sold to. If Tisdale has a rough start, he could be out of there by Christmas.
Don’t be stupid long term contract.

Red Monster

Gwinnett seemed to be running around doing everything else except dealing with keepers. I suspect he'll be very close to Tisdale with not a lot to do regarding goalkeeping.
That couldn’t be further from the truth , but hey you run with it.
But it’s a insult to all the work he did with the keepers .

Pete Martin (CTID)

We own our football club and for all of the Trust's many, many flaws, most of us - I hope - wouldn't want it any other way.
There are still a significant number of supporters who are not Trust members and, seemingly, do not support the Trust model.

Last edited:

STURTZ

Don't know what the surprise is, Tisdale was going to leave as soon as he gave that press interview and MK Dons was always favourite. Actually ideal for Tis, a club with great potential and the fact that they are league 2 at the moment should be in Tisdale's favour as it's the league he knows most about. Still waiting for JMT to join him and wondering if he'll make a sneaky bid for Wheeler from QPR.

No surprise that Tis and Oakley went, but was more surprised that Mel Gwinnett went with them.
He's done a great job working with Christie Pym and will be missed.

hillview red

I’m surprised nobody has mentioned the possibility of Jake Taylor going there... A virtual ever present under Tis and is very versatile. Good age, won’t cost a lot, plays lots of games etc.

Signing him wouldn’t cause as much consternation as a Stockley or a JMT but I’d argue that we’d miss him nearly as much.

Sprocket

Will the sad passing of Peter Winkelman yesterday have any impact on Tisdale and this new role?

malcolms

Don’t be stupid long term contract.
If he loses his first 10 games his "long term contract" won't save him....