• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tisdale to MK Dons

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
There's a whiff of something about this whole saga that doesn't sit well with me. I was neither fervently pro or anti Tis, just wanted the XI in red and white to win every time they went on the pitch. There were times when you had to give the manager credit, and one of his many qualities was loyalty (which sometimes wasn't for the best). There were also times when he drove me mad, the set up at Wembley being the final example.

However now I can't help feel a big sense of being conned. And I am not one of the many who give up their valuable spare time to wash kit, serve behind the bar, sell tickets, paint the grandstand etc etc. Regardless of what views you took on his contract, his salary, his interviewee technique, his dress sense or his tactics, he always and consistently gave the impression of being at one with the "uniqueness" of ECFC and immersed in it.

From that bizarre Times interview, to the Stevenage incident, he then leaves everyone hanging over the last month, then took a gratituitous swipe at the club/supporters after a hiding at Wembley to finally not even bothering to inform the club that he wasn't going to sign a contract. And at the end of it all, he signs for the outfit that is the antithesis of everything this club stands for, a club in our own division and one he has been heavily odds on with for the past 5 weeks. As a two fingered salute back down the M5, it couldn't have been surpassed, even going to Argyle would have been preferable.

I'd like to say I wish him well, but frankly I don't. He is managing a club that the vast majority of football supporters would be delighted to see go out of the league/existence.

Still onwards. Like others I have gone from utter despair to full of hope in the space of 9 days

LOG

Very well known Exeweb poster
I thank him for what he did for us
*whispers*

Anfield.

fred binneys head

*whispers*

Anfield.
You had to go and ruin it, didn’t you? Had to ruin it.

#stillfuming

eurogrecian

Tisdale goes to the most plastic club of them all? A surprise only to anyone who bought into his 'respect' for the trust ownership model. (y)
Well I did and am very disappointed that he should have gone there. Certainly the relationship changes after Nov 2016, but still.....
Hoping we take 6 points off them next season, that’s for sure.

crocks

Never rated him as a manager in all honesty and team results were only as good as the coaches\assistants around him. And the guy is so full of bull poo ......

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
There's a whiff of something about this whole saga that doesn't sit well with me. I was neither fervently pro or anti Tis, just wanted the XI in red and white to win every time they went on the pitch. There were times when you had to give the manager credit, and one of his many qualities was loyalty (which sometimes wasn't for the best). There were also times when he drove me mad, the set up at Wembley being the final example.

However now I can't help feel a big sense of being conned. And I am not one of the many who give up their valuable spare time to wash kit, serve behind the bar, sell tickets, paint the grandstand etc etc. Regardless of what views you took on his contract, his salary, his interviewee technique, his dress sense or his tactics, he always and consistently gave the impression of being at one with the "uniqueness" of ECFC and immersed in it.

From that bizarre Times interview, to the Stevenage incident, he then leaves everyone hanging over the last month, then took a gratituitous swipe at the club/supporters after a hiding at Wembley to finally not even bothering to inform the club that he wasn't going to sign a contract. And at the end of it all, he signs for the outfit that is the antithesis of everything this club stands for, a club in our own division and one he has been heavily odds on with for the past 5 weeks. As a two fingered salute back down the M5, it couldn't have been surpassed, even going to Argyle would have been preferable.

I'd like to say I wish him well, but frankly I don't. He is managing a club that the vast majority of football supporters would be delighted to see go out of the league/existence.

Still onwards. Like others I have gone from utter despair to full of hope in the space of 9 days
....pretty much how I feel about it.

Banksy

Never rated him as a manager in all honesty and team results were only as good as the coaches\assistants around him. And the guy is so full of bull poo ......
Agree with this post .Have fun MKD fans.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
I watched the press conference and thought Tis spoke very well, was duly respectful of us and our club and set out his feelings clearly and honestly. I’ve always liked winkelman and this press conference was no different - he’s a proper, passionate football man who seems like a good bloke, even if I disagree with how his club was formed. I can understand why Tis has gone there and why they wanted him there, and I think he’ll do well for them. I’m glad he’s left us but I thank him for what he did for us and wish him well in his future career.
I think the critical time will be the January window as by then PT will have had time to assess the strength of his squad.

If he decides he needs to strengthen both in defence and attack then I would not be at all surprised to see MK Dons make bids for Pym, JMT, Boateng and Stockley.

My worry would then be that they would have the money to make serious offers as well as able to offer attractive contract terms. The Club would hopefully not be tempted to sell but the fact that MK Dons were interested and probably able to offer considerably better terms would inevitably unsettle the players concerned.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Typo meant September although not sure now when that window does close.

manc grecian

I think the critical time will be the January window as by then PT will have had time to assess the strength of his squad.

If he decides he needs to strengthen both in defence and attack then I would not be at all surprised to see MK Dons make bids for Pym, JMT, Boateng and Stockley.

My worry would then be that they would have the money to make serious offers as well as able to offer attractive contract terms. The Club would hopefully not be tempted to sell but the fact that MK Dons were interested and probably able to offer considerably better terms would inevitably unsettle the players concerned.
Where are MK dons getting all this cash from? Hardly massive spenders in league one.

Last edited: