• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tisdale taking over 200k of the budget.....

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
I want to trust you Lez, but ianecfc has a really strong case.
No he doesn't.

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Sorry..I went to bed...hence my further silence.

It is lower...much lower is an interesting description as no one can ever be sure what much means.

Tis received a pay rise when we got promoted into l1 (before my time) and it was given up when we went down.

As for other clubs, you rarely see anything specific as to salaries so I can't answer but I would guess Tis is one of te higher paid managers...but it's only a guess....
Appreciate it is only a guess but would not be happy with tisdale or any Exeter manager being one of the higher paid managers. I suppose it is arguable that a higher paid manager may get more out of what he is given to work with, but if we have one of the lower budgets as a lot of people say then IMO we should have a lower paid manager.

crocks

I have heard a figure of £120K pa.......

Antony Moxey

I'm sure we've all heard a figure somewhere along the way, and also that it doesn't match any of the others being bandied about on here...

arthur

Since we own our football club aren't we entitled to know what the wage structure is?

GrecianLez

Administrator
Staff member
Since we own our football club aren't we entitled to know what the wage structure is?
Nope. Don't be silly.... release to other clubs our wage structure and lose our competitiveness to keep players

richard_portland

Would be interesting however to know if what we are paying tisdale is in line with the managers of other clubs with similar budgets. Appreciate other clubs possibly don't advertise their wage structure either but there must be some knowledge available to those in the know. We have been told in the past about how what the trust contributes is very small in relation to what the owners of other clubs put in so that must have Come from somewhere.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I think the Trust contributes 4% of all income.

arthur

Nope. Don't be silly.... release to other clubs our wage structure and lose our competitiveness to keep players
There is clearly a degree of commercial sensitivity that needs to be protected but a bit of openness would not go amiss in what is supposed to be a community owned organisation. Publicly quoted companies have to be open about how much their senior executives earn - why can't we be?

richard_portland

So back of a fag packet calculation would mean two and a half million turnover, which would mean 1.375 million playing budget at 55%.

Taking that further if you divide that by thirty to include twenty five players and five for management team then that gives you an average wage of just under 46k each. That still seems a reasonable amount of income, the younger players would be earning less than this so would allow for some to earn more than 46k.

Last edited: