• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tisdale or Westley ?

GeraintJones

Wise up, your smug belief in Cheesy is about to unravel, then you will have nothing to hold on to, life will no longer seem worthwhile
Seriously, why do you support City? Why do you bother posting on here?

You shoot down anyone who tries to support the team when times are tough and your constant comments against Tisdale are disrespectful.

You think Westley is a better manager than Tisdale? fine, thats your opinion. Surely you must acknowledge what Tisdale has achieved with us though?

DJH2005

He won 7 of the last 10 games, drew two and lost 1....so I guess you're right, we did struggle a bit:S

Also got to the 3rd round of the FA Cup, the 4th Rd of the League Cup and the Semi final (Southern) of the Sherpa Van...
Yes Malcs. As I feared my memory would let me down.

We were 4 clear in the 3rd from final game.

We were 6 clear by the penultimate.

At the final game, we ended up 10 clear.

We were brilliant at home, but our away days weren't quite so full of glory and a trip to Sincil Bank as your final game to get the points to win the title, IIRC, concerned many of us. As it turned out, We did our bit, against the odds and our closest rivals fell away heavily.

But again, you knew all this. [we need a nawti boy or smacked botty carole] ;)

Link here, anyway. http://www.swanseacity-mad.co.uk/footydb/loadtmrs.asp?ssnno=119&teamno=221

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Bite on what? I'm just asking a question...Still think TC's Championship team gives today's team a 2 goal start and wins 3 times out of 5...The season PT or any other City manager wins any of the Leagues by 10 points I'll be happy to rate them in the same category....
We will never know. But one thing's for sure, TC's team played exciting football, had no serious weaknesses, was compact (with players playing in their correct positions) and had a tough & winning mentality (Taylor, Bailey, Whitehead, Neville to name a few). I wouldn't swap any of that team with anyone from the current team. Yes, it was Div 4 (now 2) but we won by several points and also progressed well in the cups. The team had players who made things happen, which the current team doesn't have. Considering we lost Darren R thru serious injury and Chris V transferred to Rangers, and considering that Miller, Hiley, Taylor and Dryden were all transferred outwards and upwards, it's not surprising that we coudn't maintain it. I reckon if the Div 4 title-winning side had stayed together we would have had a big chance of going straight up into the Div 2 (then) league.

Antony Moxey

He won 7 of the last 10 games, drew two and lost 1....so I guess you're right, we did struggle a bit:S

Also got to the 3rd round of the FA Cup, the 4th Rd of the League Cup and the Semi final (Southern) of the Sherpa Van...
Didn't we get tonked 3-0 at York sometime in mid March (the first time that season we lost by more than one goal) and then went unbeaten for the rest of the season, as well as losing Dazza to injury too?

A unique season I reckon, and one I doubt will ever be repeated, especially when you consider the cup runs and - I thinki - every home game bar two being won.

I bet if you transported this season forward to now there'd still be some misery merchants moaning about something and how such and such clog and hoof manager was far more successful...

We will never know. But one thing's for sure, TC's team played exciting football, had no serious weaknesses, was compact (with players playing in their correct positions) and had a tough & winning mentality (Taylor, Bailey, Whitehead, Neville to name a few). I wouldn't swap any of that team with anyone from the current team. Yes, it was Div 4 (now 2) but we won by several points and also progressed well in the cups. The team had players who made things happen, which the current team doesn't have. Considering we lost Darren R thru serious injury and Chris V transferred to Rangers, and considering that Miller, Hiley, Taylor and Dryden were all transferred outwards and upwards, it's not surprising that we coudn't maintain it. I reckon if the Div 4 title-winning side had stayed together we would have had a big chance of going straight up into the Div 2 (then) league.
That was the best season / team I have ever seen at the Park , they all gave a million percent - from Kev Miller to Saun Taylor to Danny and Clive and up to Stevie Neville.............goals could come from anywhere and they did,

They don't make 'em like that anymore.

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Be intresting to see how Westley goes in a big job now ie Preston...

I dont like the football or tactics he uses but results are results....id take physical direct football if it got results over our tippy tappy performance yesterday.

dommers

I'd take physical direct football if it got results over our tippy tappy performance yesterday.
I think most probably would but people seem to fail to realise that a more direct style does not guarantee results.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
I dont like the football or tactics he uses but results are results....id take physical direct football if it got results over our tippy tappy performance yesterday.
We would all take results. Football is a results based buisness. THis season overall we havnt been great. Theres no denying that. BUt overall i prefer teams to try and play the right way but at times you gotta play to your strengths.

I think Westley will change his style now hes at a club where he can have a bigger buying power, Will he be succesful at Preston time will tell.

I aint a fan of his, his past or how he plays the game but hes done well in recent seasons and is now being given an opptunity with a decent sized football club. But anything outside of the playoffs maybe even this season will probly not be tolerated especially with Risdale at head honcho