• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tisdale or Westley ?

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think Pete USA and others at time sometimes only remember all the good parts of the old managers. In ECFC Terms Paul Tisdale is without doubt our most succesful manager. 2 promotions(Only time in our history back to back), 2 wembley appearances, 3 years in league 1(last season being our highest in god knows how many years)

In terms of sustained periods then Tisdale is our most succesful manager. No doubting that weve had some very very good managers over the years but in terms of sustained periods of success then none of them have had 5 years of sustained progress like TIsdale has had

Poultice

Very well known Exeweb poster
In ECFC Terms Paul Tisdale is without doubt our most succesful manager
Sad the way some of the lesser individuals on here have bought into this toenail propaganda.

Cheesy had five years of improvement starting from the lowest point in the club's history, would it have taken Brian Godfrey two years to sneak us out of the Conference ? I think not.

Cheesy has basically bored us up and now is likely to bore us back down again playing some of the dullest football it has been my misfortune to witness, yet the legend goes on purveyed by people who wouldn't recognise excitement if it sauntered up behind them and tapped them on the shoulder.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
Sad the way some of the lesser individuals on here have bought into this toenail propaganda.

Cheesy had five years of improvement starting from the lowest point in the club's history, would it have taken Brian Godfrey two years to sneak us out of the Conference ? I think not.

Cheesy has basically bored us up and now is likely to bore us back down again playing some of the dullest football it has been my misfortune to witness, yet the legend goes on purveyed by people who wouldn't recognise excitement if it sauntered up behind them and tapped them on the shoulder.
Im unsure if i can even be bothered to give this a response. Seriously paultice Seriously. I know you dont like Tisdale, hell i even respect that opionion because thats your choice but you write off everything he has done as either fluke or well he started from the lowest point so it was easy.

Would Brian Godfrey have taken 2 years to get out of the conference. Well who the f*ck knows because he was our manager in the early 80s not 2006 when Tisdale joined. As a Plymouth Argyle Friend of mine said to me on new years eve. Any of your fans who dont rate Tisdale are Idiots or seriously depressed individuals who always want more. As ive said i respect your opinion, but its hard when you post stuff about other managers who have either achieved less or similar to Tisdale as these wonderful managers who would do alot more with us.

Exerated

... In ECFC Terms Paul Tisdale is without doubt our most succesful manager. 2 promotions(Only time in our history back to back), 2 wembley appearances, 3 years in league 1(last season being our highest in god knows how many years)
Hear, hear. Some people have short memories. Taking us out of the Conference might not have been the greatest achievement ever, but the years after have been far above my expectations. When it comes to our resources, we’re pushing above our weight. Last season was massive, and who knows, we might do the same again next season with a bit of luck in the transfer market. We’re at a low at the moment, but I’ll have no problems in forgiving Sir Paul of Tisdale even if we get relegated.

Two positives might come out of it:

1. We’ll be fighting in the top again, getting better crowds (and thereby players).

2. We might get to keep Sir Paul of Tisdale for a longer time.

Poultice

Im unsure if i can even be bothered to give this a response.
What a shame you resisted that thought.

Wise up, your smug belief in Cheesy is about to unravel, then you will have nothing to hold on to, life will no longer seem worthwhile, but fear not, season tickets at Preston are not expensive and you will be able to go there and watch a successful team with a proper manager.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
What a shame you resisted that thought.

Wise up, your smug belief in Cheesy is about to unravel, then you will have nothing to hold on to, life will no longer seem worthwhile, but fear not, season tickets at Preston are not expensive and you will be able to go there and watch a successful team with a proper manager.
tbh even if We go down this season weve still had 5 years of sustained success. This is a FACT you cant handle isit.

Also what am i wising up about. Weve gone from our lowest to our highest in 5 years with 1 manager. I would say surely your the one to wise up? Surely

Also how isit a smug attitude to point out facts about our current manager and his success?

Last edited:

flakey pasty

tbh even if We go down this season weve still had 5 years of sustained success. This is a FACT you cant handle isit.

Also what am i wising up about. Weve gone from our lowest to our highest in 5 years with 1 manager. I would say surely your the one to wise up? Surely

Also how isit a smug attitude to point out facts about our current manager and his success?
MJP - Poult's argument is, to be perfectly honest, so weak that I think he must merely be just a "wind up merchant".
I've been a City fan for many, many years and, like you, I'm loving the footballing adventure that Tis is giving us.
The only "Rose tinters" on here are the ones who look back over years and years of failure and somehow come to the conclusion that they were "the good times". They were not. they were sh*te.
Enjoy these good times, MJP, I know I am.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
MJP - Poult's argument is, to be perfectly honest, so weak that I think he must merely be just a "wind up merchant".
I've been a City fan for many, many years and, like you, I'm loving the footballing adventure that Tis is giving us.
The only "Rose tinters" on here are the ones who look back over years and years of failure and somehow come to the conclusion that they were "the good times". They were not. they were sh*te.
Enjoy these good times, MJP, I know I am.
Ive been loving the Tisdale Era. Im glad to have some back up. Over the week ive been doubting myself but again this night has shown that pault is a internet bully and wants his opinion or no opinion.

Accustations of my sexuality for me is 1 step to far. Aint having it

Tisdale in ECFC Terms is our most succesful manager. Even Paults, Pete USA and the most depressed of our fans cannot deny this without a reasonable arguement

Poultice

Tisdale in ECFC Terms is our most succesful manager.
Cheesy's Chokers are dull, end of.

You and the Pasty might like torpor but there is a whole big exciting world out there where teams attack and score goals and win cup games and the like, I don't even look forward to watching the Chokers anymore, the Dags at Wall on Tuesday will offer up more excitement than any dozen Choker games.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
Cheesy's Chokers are dull, end of.

You and the Pasty might like torpor but there is a whole big exciting world out there where teams attack and score goals and win cup games and the like, I don't even look forward to watching the Chokers anymore, the Dags at Wall on Tuesday will offer up more excitement than any dozen Choker games.
Is there an apology for the accusations thrown my way about my sexuality??

Also go watch the Dags. Seriously would be better for us all