• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tisdale must go ...

manc grecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
Re: Tisdale must go

Would be fascinating to hear Mr Kelvins views about what he would do if his highest paid employee had so poorly performed over a 5 year period?!
*knock on door*

"Come in"

"Hi Ray"

"Hi Paul. What can I do for you?"

"Well its about my new range of underpants. I think I've cracked it this year"

*Ray puts his head in his heads and slumps on the desk*

"Paul, they are exactly the same pair of underpants you designed last year, and come to think of it the year before that and the year before that. Couldn't you try something a little different?"

*Paul stands there with a look of disbelief on his face*

"Ray, come on, why wouldn't people buy my underpants? Don't you remember 10 years ago when we sold 20 pairs. Only a matter of time until we repeat that success. Anyway, don't you dare question me again. I'm going back to work now, see you again next year"

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.

If anyone is staying away because of Tisdale I would suggest they write to the trust if they are a member, and write to the club giving their reasons. If anyone wants the whole board out there needs to be a vote of no confidence organised.

We also need something visual as a protest at home games. The thing I fear is that people stay away and the club loses money, the board are too stubborn to act and be the time it forces some action we have lost the contingency monies from the windfalls, making that windfall largely pointless. I can understand the reason for the protest, but is the intention to carry it on for five , ten or fifteen games as I think that is what it would take.

I still say a protest in the ground with those protesting buying seats in the old grandstand would be the most effective, as it would be right behind where Tisdale stands.

To anyone at the club reading this, for christs sake can you either ensure Tisdale is told his current performance is unacceptable and pressure him to improve, or get rid of him. One or the other please because I don't like feeling this way about my club!

Ash

Heck , I was halfway up middle of the BB and the Tis Out chants in the last ten minutes were well loud enough, how could you not hear it ?
Same here. Lots if chanting, although not universally supported I grant you.

Last edited:

Same here. Lots if chanting, although not universally supported I grant you.
I genuianlly didn't hear these chants sat in the stagecoach. There's been talk of protests etc for a few seasons now but nothing ever happens. All internet talk.

StroudGrecian

Couple of things of note in recent additions to this sorry thread:

the PreTisdalian Age.
Superb turn of phrase from the East Indies - raised on unexpected smile from these parts.

Essentially, at that point, my cat could have got us promoted. Twice.
Seem pretty clear we need something new, but those on the 'what did Tisdale ever do for us?' ticket are either trolls or ****s. You decide which.

crocks

Enough is enough! I will not be returning again as long as Tisdale and Tagg remain!
It will be a very long time before I attend a City game again. Yesterday I just sat with my arms crossed, no emotion, watching my team being comprehensively out played in every department by our "deadliest" rivals. Having to concede that Plymouth were so much better than City was hard to take.

IndoMike

Couple of things of note in recent additions to this sorry thread:

Superb turn of phrase from the East Indies - raised on unexpected smile from these parts.

Seem pretty clear we need something new, but those on the 'what did Tisdale ever do for us?' ticket are either trolls or ****s. You decide which.
The smile not so unexpected as the compliment.
Glad you're kinda seeing the light, Stroudy:City needs a wind of change (or even hurricane). Can't be much fun for Tizzy, either.

grecIAN Harris

Ian, what do you see are the main responsibilities for someone in a DofF role?
The money side of football, ie football staff (players, coaches etc) contracts, logistical contracting for the team (transport, hotel accomodation for away trips), anything else where football and money would be directly connected. The primary bit in this sort of role is the contracts. It takes away any dispute between what would then be the head coach, rather than manager, and his staff over finances. Players are still willing to play for the coach then despite anything hovering in the background. His oppo would then be the commercial director and they would report directly to the chairman.

malcolms

The money side of football, ie football staff (players, coaches etc) contracts, logistical contracting for the team (transport, hotel accomodation for away trips), anything else where football and money would be directly connected. The primary bit in this sort of role is the contracts. It takes away any dispute between what would then be the head coach, rather than manager, and his staff over finances. Players are still willing to play for the coach then despite anything hovering in the background. His oppo would then be the commercial director and they would report directly to the chairman.
Ego would be the big stumbling block. He is never going to be shunted upstairs and told not to fiddle in team matters. He still believes he has the answers and will continue to do so whatever role he holds.

Also, why would you pay over 100k for an office manager which all he would basically be.

Last edited:

IndoMike

For Christ sake forget the idea of Tisdale "going upstairs" - it's just muddying the waters. It has no purpose and more money will be frittered away.