• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tisdale must go ...

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
Re: Tisdale must go

The Trust has never yet sacked a manager. Come on Laurence, it's about time you had a word in his ear.
One can only hope. I had high hopes when he came on board, but I've seen nothing yet to suggest he has anymore drive or ambition than the rest! I believe that Tagg is the one who needs to sort Tisdale out. I know him and Tisdale go for coffee together during the week, but at the end of the day that should count for nothing! Tisdale simply has to go.

Silver fox

Any media report from him on tonight's game yet?

Swanaldo

I know him and Tisdale go for coffee together during the week.
It goes a lot deeper than that! I'm willing to bet Tis keeps a toothbrush and dressing gown chez Tagg.

anth_ecfc

Boycott next Tuesday game against Pompey if you are unhappy with Tisdale at the helm . Action speaks louder then words and might actually make the board take note . More of us that do it the better . If Tis was to walk in the meanwhile then the boycott would be called off . Up to you all but moaning about it on here ain't gonna make anything change .

PeteUSA

Boycott next Tuesday game against Pompey if you are unhappy with Tisdale at the helm . Action speaks louder then words and might actually make the board take note . The more of us that do it the better.
Thats whats needed, just boycott the game. Who wants to see us humiliated against Pompey? Also a few 'Tisdale Out!' placards might not go amiss from the few who decide they can stomach anymore of the same.

AndrewP

In answer to the thread title.....yes indeed, he must......

Red faced

He should go no doubt...BUT - with sadness I ask who will we bring in that can do any different? Who would want to come to a trust backed club who mostly sell their best assets before they even get a chance to shine for any prolonged period at our own club. And when we do sell them, the money has to be re-invested back into the club , not the team. City will continue to tread water as long as there is breath in any of us..If anyone did replace Tis and somehow turn our team into something they have never been before ( i.e. high league 1 or championship standard) , it will most likely be through luck rather than expertise. Every manager must have something to work with and as I see it, our foundation for survival will only ever provide sporadic outbreaks of success..

Since my first City game in 1976, we generally see some brief success every 10-15 years. I can't see who or what will change that uses there is significant investment into the club..Tis is just another Dario Gradi IMHO...Crewe had a habit of losing although they played good football and some mild success made him their best ever manager as they had previously been considered the league's cannon fodder. It was often asked what Gradi could have done at a richer club and I would like to know this of Tis too.

Every dog has it's day and city will no doubt have some minor success in the future again but I do not personally believe that any manager can have a significant long-term impact on the team itself. In a normal club, normal circumstances , yes, he should go. He has had long enough. But, does anyone actually think that a new manager will do any better for us long term? I wish I believed that they would but I'm not convinced..History speaks volumes and any aspiring manager would look at our own history and question whether this is the club that will help their profile..

I am by no means sticking up for Tisdale, we need something fresh.However, sometimes its the job, not the person doing it..

Colesman Ballz

Irrespective of whether Tisdale resigned or was sacked I have no doubt that the club would be deluged with applications for the managers post. I think we could confidently expect numbers to run to three figures. The size of the playing budget might be small, but the expection of joining a club, where the manager suffers no meddling interference from the board, and has the prospect of reasonable job security, and backed by a highly regarded Academy would be an irresistible draw.

PeteUSA

I agree. Look at Phil Brown; one-time highly regarded Premiership manager, went to Southend, who were no great shakes. I know he kept saying "I dont mind getting me hands dirty", but he made the move.

Red faced

Irrespective of whether Tisdale resigned or was sacked I have no doubt that the club would be deluged with applications for the managers post. I think we could confidently expect numbers to run to three figures. The size of the playing budget might be small, but the expection of joining a club, where the manager suffers no meddling interference from the board, and has the prospect of reasonable job security, and backed by a highly regarded Academy would be an irresistible draw.
I'm sure there would be an abundance of (under qualified) applications . There would be plenty of coaches out there that would be confident of getting the role due to City's lowly status and history. However that doesn't men that we would be inundated with applications from coaches who are up to the task - I am still not convinced that an aspiring manager would be interested.

Perhaps Tisdale was an aspiring manager once..Maybe he never left City because he was aspiring to something and wanted to do something that no City manager had ever done . Perhaps he now feels that he hit the ceiling wth City? For all we know he may well think he's taken us as far as we can go. I certainly would not want our next manager to take the managers role because of job security and the fact that the board won't interfere !!

Regardless my point is that many potentially good managers success may well be limited by the club itself.