• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tisdale Leaving???

EX4 6PX

Well-known Exeweb poster
Maybe he is going to retire from playing ? last chance to get on the pitch, Not a bad place to do it.
That's my take on it too, but I also have a nagging doubt in the back of my mind...

memoman

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm looking forward to seeing Cheggers' pics of Tis yesterday! Might even make a purchase...

Last edited:

plain capers

I don't think Cheggers was there

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
Only caught the interview highlights but Tis is not going anywhere. The man is definately a Grecian ... [y]

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
The very definition of an ECFC legend.

davidjenkin

Well-known Exeweb poster
Backing our manager like I always have. Geddon Tis
Tisdale would have made more of a meal of saying goodbye at the end if he was actually planning on leaving, like Duffy did.

There is truth in the pro-playing license expiry, it's also the first time in Tisdale's reign here that the final game did not equate to an important promotion push or relegation fight and so he felt comfortable coming on, and giving young Nichols a good run out too.

The idea crossed my mind when he was announced as a sub that if he came on it may be a swansong, but there are other logical reasons. I think he definitely would have left if we'd been in another relegation dogfight but now we have proven that there is more for us to achieve, I can't see him going anywhere.

He WILL be in demand though, nine promotions (I believe), no relegations (I believe) and finishing higher up the football pyramid for 5 consecutive years with City, including two divisions up that ladder.......at his age - he's going to really be catching the eye

wonderelite

Perhaps a desperate attempt to gain us some deserved coverage on the football league show.. instead of the disgraceful 25 seconds we normally get.

Liam McNamara

thanks mate!! quality vid

FAN-TATIC

Why else would he come on as a sub? ;)
Oh for christ's if he went to the loo midway through a game some jerk would attempt to read something into it. He may just have been celebrating another year of success.

Tis said the other day that Sir Rob may progress beyond being a coach in a couple of years time. Does that mean he will take over from Tis? No!

All this speculation that he may be leaving every time he says or does something is frankly becoming bloody boring!

Last edited:

LammieLammieLammie

Very well known Exeweb poster
He played in the quarter-finals of the Champions League for a Greek side so no great surprise he looked half-decent in the Stanno game. That said, didn't imagine for a minute he would feature today.
Cup winners Cup mate, not Champions league. :)

I always wonder when he's going to leave us, but I truly don't think it will be this summer. His love for Exeter City is evident, and he's looking to build a career as a manager over the next 25 years.

Not sure if it's been said on here about yesterday, but the players genuinally did not know he was on the bench . In the dressing room he said Marcus was a sub, and the matchday announcer didn't give his name out as a sub. :D

He had his kit on under his clothes, and only disappeared for a couple of minutes to put his boots on and find a telephone box.

Great moment.