• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tisdale going to Pompey

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Why doesn't John Coleman get linked with any of these jobs, he took Acc Stanley to the play offs last season and had a very decent season again this term on a budget that is substantially lower than ECFC's and the majority of other league two clubs.

Tisdale won't get a sniff of this job, there will be loads of guys above him in the pecking order, someone like Kenny Jackett will be streets ahead of him.

Last edited:

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
What you lying for?
"Angus" impersonation. But Tisdale now 8-1 to become Swindon manager. Nearer his home , slightly bigger club , still Div 2, better salary (maybe), fresh start....Not impossible.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
I dont blame "Tizzy" for the eventual relegation either; I'm just a tad pi/ssed off that he'd been picking up 160K pa. up until that point. Okay its said everyone took paycuts after relegation. I expect Tisdale's was reduced to 155K.
Yet more rumours ....

LOG

"Angus" impersonation. But Tisdale now 8-1 to become Swindon manager. Nearer his home , slightly bigger club , still Div 2, better salary (maybe), fresh start....Not impossible.
He won't go to Swindon under their current set up. FCAT.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Looks like Jacket is the man for Pompey if Twitter is to be believed.

LDNGrecian

I dont blame "Tizzy" for the eventual relegation either; I'm just a tad pi/ssed off that he'd been picking up 160K pa. up until that point. Okay its said everyone took paycuts after relegation. I expect Tisdale's was reduced to 155K.
Wasn't it £200k?

grecIAN Harris

Just impossible. Lee Power is an ex-player, ex-agent now chairman. He wants to have far too much influence on who comes in and out of the changing room and at what price and that just simply wouldn't fly with Tis who also wants to have total control of who, what, why, where and when in the changing room. Why do you think Swindon have gone through so many managers recently?

IndoMike

Just impossible. Lee Power is an ex-player, ex-agent now chairman. He wants to have far too much influence on who comes in and out of the changing room and at what price and that just simply wouldn't fly with Tis who also wants to have total control of who, what, why, where and when in the changing room. Why do you think Swindon have gone through so many managers recently?
You're probably right, Harris. I, too, am convinced Tisdale will stay at City. And the longer he stays, the harder it will be for him to leave. He has everything he needs as a manager at City, so why would he leave? I fully expect Tisdale to still be at City in 5 years' time, whichever league we're in.

Rich-THSC-

For the record:

Town's managers under Power

Mark Cooper - Sacked after a very poor run.
Martin Ling - Resigned due illness (or to avoid recurrence of illness).
Luke Williams - Sacked after a catastrophic season.

Lee Power doesn't make life easy for himself, he's a complete narcissist. However, he looked after Ling and you got the feeling he wanted to leave him to it.

He naively gave a 5-year deal to somebody (Williams) who didn't really want the job in the first place (Williams could've taken the job pre-Ling but didn't want it).

I believe the new manager will get freedom to do their job as the Power/Sherwood dream team failed so miserably. I don't think he'd risk it again.

That said, I wouldn't go anywhere near the Town job if I was already happy in a similar role elsewhere.

Last edited:

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
You're probably right, Harris. I, too, am convinced Tisdale will stay at City. And the longer he stays, the harder it will be for him to leave. He has everything he needs as a manager at City, so why would he leave? I fully expect Tisdale to still be at City in 5 years' time, whichever league we're in.
Me too. Perhaps his ambition as a football manager lies entirely with ECFC. Unheard of in football I know, but maybe that's how he views his career.