• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tisdale going to Pompey

Avening Posse

Very well known Exeweb poster
He wouldn't take it even if offered it. He's on a good thing at City and knows it.
I hope you are right Mike, if we get decent cash for whoever leaves I think with the right additions we should do well next season

PeteUSA

Possibly and if he had any desire to leave he would have done so back in October when he was getting dog's abuse. Fair play to him for sticking around and turning around our fortunes but where will it end?
WTF! "Fair play to him for sticking around"? Why wouldn't he stick around, Moomin? I dont think he gave a sh/it about "dogs abuse", but the dwindling crowds might have thrown up a cause for concern. Not enough income = Not enough money to pay inflated wages; if you get my drift.

sign of the chimes

Tisdale has been linked the last three times we've appointed. I'm fairly sure that he was interviewed at least once, a few years back and he always polls well when we're looking for a new manager.

I'm not convinced he'd be a good fit at Fratton Park. That said, I think much will depend on the structure our new owners want to put in place; which could alter the dynamics.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
LOL just what the Tiz outers want another thread about him being linked by internet rumour mills with anyone but City !

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
WTF! "Fair play to him for sticking around"? Why wouldn't he stick around, Moomin? I dont think he gave a sh/it about "dogs abuse", but the dwindling crowds might have thrown up a cause for concern. Not enough income = Not enough money to pay inflated wages; if you get my drift.
Pete, you can tell he did care about the abuse he was getting from his recent interviews and he also mentioned in he speech at the end of season awards about how difficult things got early on in the season.

I've been a Tisdale critic in the past but let's be honest, he turned us around this season and got us to Wembley which deserves a lot of credit. Had we beaten Blackpool he'd have been talked about as a great manager once again, but after losing he's now ****e in some people's eyes.

One certainty is that he will get criticised quickly if we start poorly next season, so he doesn't have much leeway. I think he will stay here for another couple of years yet as he obviously has a lot of faith in this young squad and believes we can make the next level. And at the moment I'm fine with that but I do want him to address our obvious frailties to enable us to go one better.

PeteUSA

LOL just what the Tiz outers want another thread about him being linked by internet rumour mills with anyone but City !
To be honest, I dont there are any "Tiz outers" anymore. If he has indeed been served 2 years notice on his ridiculous roler, thats okay by me. My biggest gripe was that he was in a position where he'd become virtually unsackable (Ant should be OK with that!). We have to trust that the deed was indeed carried out, and there were no personal strings attached. I guess we have to assume it was.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Portsmouth will demand instant success, Tisdale won't be up for that.

Fingers crossed though.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I see Wolves now have a vacant manager's position. Less likely that Pompey in my opinion.

IndoMike

If i were a director wishing to choose a new manager, I wouldn't want to hire a manager who had been at his current club for 10 years. I'd worry that he was set in his ways and might not be able to adapt to anorher club. I can't think of any other manager who has switched club after 10 years.

Banksy

Another thread that will wander on until all possibilities are exhausted.Then he will sign a four year contract.:D