• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ticket Zone - A lifeline or a nightmare?

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
So you think one person would be able to handle upwards of 1000 calls per day?

2 for me would be the barest of bare minimums.

And perhaps I'm not best in tune with South West salaries, but that would be a bare minimum salary up here.
A 1000 calls per day for how many days? Certainly not a year's worth. And as for 'up' here, well we're not, we're 'down' here so it's irrelevent what you're used to in the south east.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
A lot of the clubs in L2 last year had one full time employee and then several others helping out on a Saturday.

1000 calls a day?!
How many Leeds tickets were sold on Sunday (I think)? 750 or so wasn't it? Not to mention those that were turned away.

Bittners a Legend

You would hit the £100,000 cost without staff.
On what?

I want to understand how we as a club are unable to afford to do what almost all other football league clubs are able to.

Of course I am being simplistic but we need computers, phone lines, printing machines, a website. What else?

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
They will almost certainly have their own bespoke system that is integrated into the stadium redevelopment. Something that I am sure we will look to do with our planned re-development. This is also part of the rationale behind not investing in such a system in the here and now.

Antony Moxey

How many Leeds tickets were sold on Sunday (I think)? 750 or so wasn't it? Not to mention those that were turned away.
In a two hour window wasn't it? Aren't there usually another six or so hours in a working day?

Bittners a Legend

Just out of curiosity, how do the egg chasers out at Shandy Park do their ticketing arrangements?
Is it in house or also subbed out??
Chiefs do it all inhouse - either on their website or via an 01392 number.

Last edited:

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
In a two hour window wasn't it? Aren't there usually another six or so hours in a working day?
Which makes it all the more remarkable. Imagine the scrum over an 8-hour day.

manc grecian

Which makes it all the more remarkable. Imagine the scrum over an 8-hour day.
But you have a month to buy your tickets in advance.

Strongbow

Well-known Exeweb poster
Why is the club printing tickets such an issue? We have always managed to get tickets producted for all ticket games before, such as Man Utd. What has changed?

GRECIANS1904

I`m not so sure the priority groups system is the right thing to do!
I belive season ticket holders should be probably the only priority group (and I dont own one) on the few occasions that we need to allocate tickets (cup games) voucher systems used to work well enough in the past.