• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ticket Zone - A lifeline or a nightmare?

Citysupporter2099

Paying extra money to see a football match and the extra money doesn't go to the club is a nightmare IMO.

I can see it can be helpful for people not able to travel down to the club and get tickets, but in this day and age im not sure i'll be able to afford to go to all the games this season, especially when i have other commitments to follow aswell.

The addititional postal charging rate will all add up and probably take the money of a few games towards the end of the season for me. Im a member of the supporters club too so im abit confused why Supporters Club Members should have to pay extra when they have already paid extra to join the Supporters Club? Surely there should be no extra charge for Supporters Club Members?

Am I making any sense?

Saint James

Don't take this as me attempting to be an apologist for TZ. However, let's look at this rationally. There are two options - either the club ticket operation is in-house or outsourced. Given the cost and the limited time available in-house this season was a non-runner. TicketZone is a private company and not a charity therefore is providing a service to who ever wants it at a cost. Given we are asking TZ to provide a partial service (maybe 10 games) for one season we can hardly expect them to do it for next to nothing. It must also be remembered that we have complicated the system regards priority groups etc. (which was the right thing to do). Your membership of the Supporters Club entitles you to a priority number that is all - not a financial reduction in ticket costs.

I don't like it anymore than the next person but expecting something for nothing isn't realistic imo.

tavyred

Very well known Exeweb poster
It must also be remembered that we have complicated the system regards priority groups etc. (which was the right thing to do). Your membership of the Supporters Club entitles you to a priority number that is all - not a financial reduction in ticket costs.
I`m not so sure the priority groups system is the right thing to do!
The club is creating a "bun-fight" for every half-popular game and probably stressing out the very people they are trying help in the first place!
Would a general sale on a first come,first served basis preclude too many of our proper supporters from attending?

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
I think the priority number system is good for the "big" games, as these are ones that more of the "Southender" type fans would go for, and while I'm sure that for most of these games everyone who wants a ticket will get one, the benefits are there in ensuring that the "genuine" fans will be more assured of a ticket than a day-tripper.

If nothing else, it may provide another timely boost to Trust membership as well as Supporter Club membership...!

Strongbow

Well-known Exeweb poster
Don't take this as me attempting to be an apologist for TZ. However, let's look at this rationally. There are two options - either the club ticket operation is in-house or outsourced. Given the cost and the limited time available in-house this season was a non-runner. TicketZone is a private company and not a charity therefore is providing a service to who ever wants it at a cost. Given we are asking TZ to provide a partial service (maybe 10 games) for one season we can hardly expect them to do it for next to nothing. It must also be remembered that we have complicated the system regards priority groups etc. (which was the right thing to do). Your membership of the Supporters Club entitles you to a priority number that is all - not a financial reduction in ticket costs.

I don't like it anymore than the next person but expecting something for nothing isn't realistic imo.
I appreciate that TZ have to make a profit, hence the booking fee, however if the club had kept this in house, would they have also charged a booking fee? Obviously there is no way of knowing this for sure, but I can imagine there would be some sort of out-cry if they did. On the flip side, if they wouldn't have, then they would be swallowing the cost of selling tickets within the price, rather than passing it onto the consumer, which they could have done with this arrangement, but have chosen not to.

shabbashaz

Well-known Exeweb poster
I appreciate that TZ have to make a profit, hence the booking fee, however if the club had kept this in house, would they have also charged a booking fee? Obviously there is no way of knowing this for sure, but I can imagine there would be some sort of out-cry if they did. On the flip side, if they wouldn't have, then they would be swallowing the cost of selling tickets within the price, rather than passing it onto the consumer, which they could have done with this arrangement, but have chosen not to.
Well if the club kept it in house, I am guessing, they will have to pay staff to deal with this, therefore some sort of booking fee would've been introduced for online/telephone orders. If tickets were picked up in person, then I'd imagine there wouldn't be any charge.
If/when it does come back to being done inhouse, I'm sure people will still find something to complain about.

TZ is the option, they've gone with. Not everyone likes it, but it's the way it's being done.

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
Well if the club kept it in house, I am guessing, they will have to pay staff to deal with this, therefore some sort of booking fee would've been introduced for online/telephone orders.
Why? Does the club have to charge us every time it gains an employee?

Saint James

I`m not so sure the priority groups system is the right thing to do!
The club is creating a "bun-fight" for every half-popular game and probably stressing out the very people they are trying help in the first place!
Would a general sale on a first come,first served basis preclude too many of our proper supporters from attending?
General sale would benefit exiled Leeds fans for example at the expense of regular city fans - hardly fair! General sale would enable e.g. Yeovil fans to take their place in the queue next to you - not fair either! General sale means there is no difference to whether you come once a season or twenty times a season - hardly fair! This club has got to where it is now because certain fans have stuck with it through bad and more bad. Priority status is a reward to all those who have stayed loyal throughout.

greenawayr

If you bought a ticket off the club website there was a £3.95. So essentially quite a bit cheaper going to ticketzone.

However, with refinement to the system I'm certain the club can reduce this, that is a work in progress though and Ticketzone will do for now.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
I dont mind it tbh. Is a good short to medium term arragement