• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The WTF thread .

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
You leavers use it. You explain to me, because I haven’t the foggiest.
Dont think I personally have ever used that word tbh.

It has been used as some sort of anagram of my name from some of the guardian reader types on here as an insult towards myself.

Obviously as a moderator for this site and someone who wouldnt like to have passive aggressive insults thrown towards them you couldnt possibly be doing similar to myself ?

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster

It has been used as some sort of anagram of my name from some of the guardian reader types on here as an insult towards myself.

Obviously as a moderator for this site and someone who wouldnt like to have passive aggressive insults thrown towards them you couldnt possibly be doing similar to myself ?
If you voted for Brexit, you can't be a Remoaner.
Also it isn't an anagram of your username.

arthur

No, libtard is your insult of choice

Spanks

Administrator
Staff member

I’ve seen it all now… 🤣

I’ve called you out on what I viewed as bigoted posts, probably in excess of two years ago, and now you’re going full Boris and reinventing reality.

Besides, I’ve never called anyone a remoaner.

Grecian2K

I respectfully suggest that the only "Guardian reading type" who tries to hurl it out as an attempted slur to those who disagree with his stance on Europe is Jigzy...and even he blags his copy for free!
The most frequent user of that perceived "insult" is, of course, dear old Tavers who frequently copy and pasted it from his copy of the Daily Heil.
Still. "Always the hard done by victim" eh? Straight from the neo-right playbook again.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
I’ve seen it all now… 🤣

I’ve called you out on what I viewed as bigoted posts, probably in excess of two years ago, and now you’re going full Boris and reinventing reality.

Besides, I’ve never called anyone a remoaner.
So who were you talking about when you wrote

"You're the king of tropes Tavy. Like err... Remoaner... carry on." ? Because there were only 2 other people really voicing their opinion when you replied.
One was Tavy the other was myself.

For Isca , It was the closest word a certain person could come up with at the time of Brexit.

fred binneys head

You've misunderstood ramone, Spanks was referring to Remoaner as a trope used by Tavy, not saying he was like someone else.

As far as I understand it, a Remoaner is someone who didn't want Brexit (a remainer) but who keeps moaning about the decision (a moaner) > Remoaner.

iscalad

Moan, moan, moan. I pretty sure Ramone is well aware what a Remoaner is.

Grecian2K

I do find it mildly entertaining that those rabid right wing types, who are happy to call out those who disagree with their views as "libtards", "snowflakes" "remoaners" and "self-loathing-lefties" get so enraged when occasionally referred to as "gammons" or "brextremists".

arthur

Moan, moan, moan. I pretty sure Ramone is well aware what a Remoaner is.
..as opposed to a Remaniac :)