• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The WTF thread .

tavyred

Very well known Exeweb poster
Coutts clearly think their is, hence the closure of his accounts.
You’ve made that rather narrow point at least three times now.
If you’re happy that a private citizen’s perceived “exposure” (that’s all this legislation requires) to malign influences can mean they are unable to bank here, then fair enough.

Spanks

Administrator
Staff member
Then you wouldn’t put yourself in a position to be “perceived”, would you?

In addition, I assume these rules haven’t just landed? If not, you’ll see no sympathy. Everyone had to play by them.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
I hope they send you rainbow debit cards, just for giggles.
Not opposed to a rainbow flag being used by any group whatsoever , what I dont agree with is
A If you dont fly the flag for "the cause" you are classed as a bigot. I dont see many of these institutions flying the flag for Armed Forces Day ! (notice the word Day )
B Why there has to be a whole month dedicated to rainbow causes.

I could write more but if I did I would certainly be removed from Exeweb as you're not allowed to voice an opinion that differs !

Last edited:

tavyred

Then you wouldn’t put yourself in a position to be “perceived”, would you?

In addition, I assume these rules haven’t just landed? If not, you’ll see no sympathy. Everyone had to play by them.
Perhaps he hasn’t put himself in any particular position, other than being done over by a gobby MP using parliamentary privilege to repeat tired old remoaner tropes about Russia and Brexit. Under this legislation that’s all that’s needed.
It’s a hard sell to get some people to feel any sympathy for Farage I know, but when it comes to rules being applied with some semblance of transparency we should seek to treat everyone fairly, no?
Although that said, I recall you as a Mod barring me from this forum for few months all outside the set down Exeweb rules and not being particularly bothered about it, so you’re probably not the best person to discuss this with. 😎

angelic upstart

You’ve made that rather narrow point at least three times now.
If you’re happy that a private citizen’s perceived “exposure” (that’s all this legislation requires) to malign influences can mean they are unable to bank here, then fair enough.
They've offered him a private account within the banking group, but not a business one. So he can bank here.

Take a step back, remember this has happened many times before, but no one cared and they only care now because it's Farage. Farage controls the narrative here, not anyone else, so remember that too.

angelic upstart

Not opposed to a rainbow flag being used by any group whatsoever , what I dont agree with is
A If you dont fly the flag for "the cause" you are classed as a bigot. I dont see many of these institutions flying the flag for Armed Forces Day ! (notice the word Day )
B Why there has to be a whole month dedicated to rainbow causes.

I could write more but if I did I would certainly be removed from Exeweb as you're not allowed to voice an opinion that differs !
No you're not. I've never flown a flag, been to a pride event or often known it's on at all. I also don't understand why there needs to be a month of it, or a day. Cos pride day, mental health day, or any other day is a load of nonsense to me. But no one has ever called me a bigot. I'm fairly certain I'm not alone in that as most people I know are the same.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
They've offered him a private account within the banking group, but not a business one. So he can bank here.

Take a step back, remember this has happened many times before, but no one cared and they only care now because it's Farage. Farage controls the narrative here, not anyone else, so remember that too.
TBF I didnt know this has happened previously to others but all it takes is for someone like Farage (it could have been anyone in the public eye) to bring it up an then mere mortals like myself get to hear about it happening.

angelic upstart

TBF I didnt know this has happened previously to others but all it takes is for someone like Farage (it could have been anyone in the public eye) to bring it up an then mere mortals like myself get to hear about it happening.
Yeah, happened to Tommy Robinson for about years in the early 2000's. He was considered dodgy in his financial dealings, and all his families accounts were closed. No one said a word. He got them all back eventually.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yeah, happened to Tommy Robinson for about years in the early 2000's. He was considered dodgy in his financial dealings, and all his families accounts were closed. No one said a word. He got them all back eventually.
Didnt actually know that , Although there are some people on here who would have you believe I'm a dyed in the wool Tommy Robinson supporter.

tavyred

More meat on the bones of the story contained in Ramone’s link……..