• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The why is Fleetwood keeping Stansfield out of the team thread...

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
In 30 minutes today, Stanno worked harder than Fleets did in 60. Very well taken goal, again, deserves a start on Tuesday night.
Surely we should be looking at the goals that Fleetwood has scored for us, that should convince everyone that he should be starting way ahead of Stanno. What are the numbers?

dommers

Quite right. What did Stanno achieve with all his running around in the last 3 games when he came on as a sub?
Well he did score a fluke vs Millwall and we were winning 2-1 until he came on today ;)

angelic upstart

Very well known Exeweb poster
Stanno 4
Fleets 2 and 1 in the cup.

I dunno what that the minutes on the pitch to goals scored ratio is though...

older-codger

I really do not rate Fleetwood as I have said on a number of occasions and do not see what he brings to the team that Stanno (or Watson) can't. He is supposed to be quick, but rarely manages to get away from his defender, even when the defender has to turn to chase him. Woodards was more than his match on a number of occasions.

mole221

It's starting to get a bit ridiculous now, if anyone else played that badly they would be dropped, but for some reason, despite his awful performance, fleetwood is guaranteed to start. Stansfield is a much better choice than Fleetwood as his never give up ethic makes him a much better player than Stuart Fleetwood and his 'hope it comes too me' style of play which makes fleets, who could potentially be a good player,absolutely hopeless.

Antony Moxey

Great, another thread slagging one of our players off. We're just outside the top half of the table and on decent run in the league - what a great way to celebrate that with yet another anti-Fleetwood thread.

I guess if he doesn't score next weekend it'll be back to picking on Barry Corr again too.

older-codger

So let's restrict Exeweb to discussing what was the last thing you had to drink and whether you would or wouldn't? This is a forum for the presentation of views on Exeter City and that inevitably includes the players and our views on them.

arthur

Great, another thread slagging one of our players off. We're just outside the top half of the table and on decent run in the league - what a great way to celebrate that with yet another anti-Fleetwood thread.

I guess if he doesn't score next weekend it'll be back to picking on Barry Corr again too.
I think there's a difference between wilfully picking on players (as was done earlier in the season to Barry Corr for no good reason that I could see) and a questioning of whether a player's performances warrant a permanent place in the starting line up.

As one of those who did hope that Fleetwood would provide that bit of something "different class" (i.e. genuine upper League 1 quality) I'm now beginning to doubt that he can. Unless he does starts making a significant difference in the next game or two I think it'll be time for a bit of bench warming or a spell at Sutton in exchange for young James

Antony Moxey

We can 'discuss' all we like the merits or otherwise of various players, but as long as the manager's happy with his decisions then it matters not a jot all the **** and wind we come out with on here.

arthur

it matters not a jot all the **** and wind we come out with on here.
I always thought that went without saying:)