• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The threat of Coronavirus to ECFC

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
.Very good gesture from LFC regarding lending its stewards to supermarkets to help the elderly

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
The more this goes on the more I realise we are less likely to finish this season. Im starting to doubt if next season will be postponed and we start again in 21/22.

Legohead

Banned
Indeed. A lot of these panic buyers forget that they will be old and needing compassion and help one day. Interesting to see that Man U & City have donated 100k to a local foodbank yet Stockport put in 75k to their local NHS. Shameful on the manc clubs despite it being better than nothing.

IndoMike

The top Chinese expert says the herd immunity theory was wrong : he says the virus is too infectious to let it roam free

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
The top Chinese expert says the herd immunity theory was wrong : he says the virus is too infectious to let it roam free
Looking like this may be the case. Trouble is, so many experts ("experts"?) with differing views. And hindsight is a wonderful teacher...

IndoMike

Looking like this may be the case. Trouble is, so many experts ("experts"?) with differing views. And hindsight is a wonderful teacher...
Yep. I get the theory of herd immunity but have always said on these pages that in the case of contagious infections you have to cut off the supply, i.e. separate the people. If someone had seasonal flu in your office you'd advise them to go home, not stay in the office to spread the germs.
Hoping that China will take the lead now and start manufacturing and sending equipment and protective wear to the rest of the world. They have the means to do that

Spoonz Red E

It's a numbers game.
For herd immunity you need a low infection rate and COVID-19 is much too high.
I'm guessing that the Government were hoping that inhibition would have been enough to suppress numbers in the early stage rather than separation which is why their strategy seemed to be at odds with itself.

As Indo says, right now separation is the key.
Then it'll be down to monitoring who has had the disease already (in theory they won't catch it again in this cycle) and then, down the road, vaccination to bring the rate right down.

What isn't known yet, as far as I know, is how much time there is before someone who has had COVID can be at risk of getting it again.

geoffwp

I AM NOT AN EXPERT ON VIRUSES NOR A DOCTOR : I'M SIMPLY PASSING ON INFORMATION FROM WHAT I CONSIDER TO BE A VERY RELIABLE SOURCE. NOT ALL THIS INFO IS NEW, BUT HOPEFULLY IT MIGHT BE USEFUL. IT'S N

The virus remains in the throat in the form of thick mucus for 4 days. It solidifies and blocks the airways and lungs. In order for treatment/medicines to be effective, these airways must be unblocked first.
You can take the following measures to avoid/alleviate the problem
1. Drink lots of hot water, coffee, tea and soups.This moistens the mouth/throat and washes the virus into the stomach, where it is neutralised by gastric juices preventing it from reaching the lungs. Also sip warm water every 20 minutes.
2. Avoid cold food and drinks
3. Every day gargle with warm water and an antiseptic such as vinegar, lemon or salt
4. As soon as you feel discomfort in your throat attack it via measures as mentioned above
5. Clean metallic surfaces, door knobs and handrails carefully
6. The virus sticks to hair and clothes. Ideally after arriving home you should have a bath or shower straight away, even before sitting down.
7. Clothes should be washed daily : detergent and foamy soap kills the virus.

It is up to you if you choose to follow these sometimes very time-consuming actions. The info was passed on to us personally by someone who works in the medical profession and has access to certain info.
Sorry Mike, but this has been going the rounds and has been completely refuted by the gov health advisors.
*Sorry, seems I'm late in pointing this out as others already have*

Last edited:

geoffwp

Perhaps it would be good for everyone's mental health if we all agree to not posting things that friend of friends expert mate has said he had heard. Its mildly funny when it's footy based but not so when Its something like this. Just saying like.

IndoMike

Perhaps it would be good for everyone's mental health if we all agree to not posting things that friend of friends expert mate has said he had heard. Its mildly funny when it's footy based but not so when Its something like this. Just saying like.
No.need to say sorry. I already said I'm not a doctor or expert when I posted it and said it was up to the reader to believe it or not. I also said I wouldn't have posted it if I had thought it was bs because it was from a reliable friend. I do believe some of the advice is good advice
Regarding the government "experts", they were wrong about the herd immunity and weeks were lost before self-isolation was recommended. It is clear that you don't wait a month before you realise that to stop a contagion you advise everybody to carry on as normal
and not self-isolate.
Even since the self&isolation advice the Government has been loathe to enforce it

Last edited: