• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The threat of Coronavirus to ECFC

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Who is running the policy? Seems DCMS caught by surprise

spanky

exeweb.com eejit
Staff member
Why doesn't the club try to head this off by offering a five game ticket? That would cover outstanding home games, and they could make it redeemable against iFollow or future games. Worst case scenario would be to mitigate and spread the financial pinch.

Also, please click on all the ads you see on exeweb. It costs you nothing, but all money we raise that is spare after running costs goes to the club for projects, etc.

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Why doesn't the club try to head this off by offering a five game ticket? That would cover outstanding home games, and they could make it redeemable against iFollow or future games. Worst case scenario would be to mitigate and spread the financial pinch.

Also, please click on all the ads you see on exeweb. It costs you nothing, but all money we raise that is spare after running costs goes to the club for projects, etc.
The Club is already offering a five game ticket for the remaining games under "Flexexeter" (I already have one).

Grecian_Matt

If games are moved behind closed doors, then the 3PM broadcast should be dropped and iFollow should be allowed for users within the UK.

Alos personally I would prefer football to be suspended and season ending in June, rather than being played behind closed doors.

malcolms

I think everyone is now beginning to understand the economic devastation that this is causing...Lots of people on here and on other sites were initially suggesting that peoples lives are more important than economic considerations, which of course they are when taken in isolation, but the reality is that if your employer goes to the wall and many will, then you are confronted by other challenges which may also impact severely on your health and wellbeing....

Rosencrantz

If games are moved behind closed doors, then the 3PM broadcast should be dropped and iFollow should be allowed for users within the UK.

Alos personally I would prefer football to be suspended and season ending in June, rather than being played behind closed doors.
Indeed, I think postponing the games will be more sensible as the clubs will at least get the income at some time. Of course it will mean delaying the end of the season and possibly have a knock on effect into next season.

irishbrian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Ireland from 6pm tonight has effectively gone on lockdown. Schools colleges cancelled as well as mass gatherings which includes league of Ireland football . Dublin airport looking at closing , shops stay open but only with strict guidelines. Work severely curtailed and public transport limited .
All of this stays that way until march 29th at earliest . With premier division clubs hear getting crowds between 2,500-6,000 this is huge blow and I’ve it continues for months it could kill several of them off .
Ruins my trip for the Bradford and morecambe games ( anyone who travels and shows signs of the virus will have to self isolate )
The closed door policy is a nuisance but the right call I think rather than suspending the league in England . We will just have to get used to it for the time being

IndoMike

The problem is Matt that nobody can guarantee if this virus is done and dusted by June.

LOG

The Irish PM said that outdoor gatherings of more than 500 people should be cancelled not must be cancelled which is slightly ambiguous. Does that mean it's up to the Irish FA?

IndoMike

I think everyone is now beginning to understand the economic devastation that this is causing...Lots of people on here and on other sites were initially suggesting that peoples lives are more important than economic considerations, which of course they are when taken in isolation, but the reality is that if your employer goes to the wall and many will, then you are confronted by other challenges which may also impact severely on your health and wellbeing....
The economy can recover. You can't if you're dead.