• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Sorry Horse And Head Dray

LOG

Very well known Exeweb poster
This is not the time to enquire about Barmy's missing sex toy.
I'll set 'em up...

Swanaldo

Where's the Fat Pig?
You on the pull again?

LOG

Ok, i've found out for myself. It was The Coachmakers.

angelic upstart

Ok, i've found out for myself. It was The Coachmakers.
Which Coachmakers though?

The one that was down some back alley on the way to the Quay or the one that only Pate remember that past the asparagus next left sign on the way to Newton St Cyres back in 1861, it changed it's name to the magic tractor in 1912.

LOG

Which Coachmakers though?

The one that was down some back alley on the way to the Quay or the one that only Pate remember that past the asparagus next left sign on the way to Newton St Cyres back in 1861, it changed it's name to the magic tractor in 1912.
The back alley one. The one at Newton St Cyres was closed in 1913 following a revelation in the Crediton Gazette that there was no tractor.

I only went into The Coachmakers once. Not the nicest place i've ever been.

Rog H K

Just thought of a couple more roads. Mitre Lane, the Pub is still there under another name, can’t think what. Brook Green Terrace. Pub Now called Wells Tavern. Red Cow has a Railway Crossing named after it, there is a little lane that ran behind the pub but don't know it's name.

Last edited:

PeteUSA

Just thought of a couple more roads. Mitre Lane, Pub is still there under another name, can’t think what. Brook Green Terrace. Pub Now called Wells Tavern again, don't know what came 1st. Red Cow has a Railway Crossing named after it.
Thats not fair Rog! I reckon you're getting the gen from one of Chips Barbers books, like when we last did this! :-O

Swanaldo

There was no tractor.
Why? What happened to the magic tractor?

LOG

Why? What happened to the magic tractor?
It was like in The Matrix where that kid says 'there is no spoon'. Had the locals fooled and when they found out, the landlady was burned as a witch.

StroudGrecian

Just thought of a couple more roads. Mitre Lane, the Pub is still there under another name, can’t think what. Brook Green Terrace. Pub Now called Wells Tavern. Red Cow has a Railway Crossing named after it, there is a little lane that ran behind the pub but don't know it's name.
Red Cow, not just a level crossing, more of a Village