• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The SJP pitch - 2022/23

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Does our pitch need hard work over the summer? Surely it just needs weekly maintenance. It's a perfect pitch
Invasive grasses need to be got rid of.

Average Joe

Invasive grasses need to be got rid of.
I'm about as far from understanding grass as the people who live in the Greenlands.

So does our pitch need taking up?

iscalad

I'm about as far from understanding grass as the people who live in the Greenlands.

So does our pitch need taking up?
Yes, just the top layer, as I understand it.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yes. Chas said on the My New Football Club podcast if they didn't replace it in 4 years up to 80% of the pitch would be meadow grass. The problem with meadow grass is it has short roots so would then cut up easily.

DawlishBouy

elginCity

My hero ! 😍

rightwing

Well-known Exeweb poster
I've just come back from having a covid top up at Argyle. They're working on the pitch but it hasn't had the top layer taken off, perhaps just a light scarifying. Our pitch looks far superior.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
It's good that Chas now gets a bit of R&R now that the seed has been put on the training pitches 😉

Grecian2K

I've just come back from having a covid top up at Argyle. They're working on the pitch but it hasn't had the top layer taken off, perhaps just a light scarifying. Our pitch looks far superior.
Any visit to that ghastly place is more than a tad scarifying. It's positively terrifying!

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member