• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The SJP pitch - 2022/23

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Chas on the work out at the training ground

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
I suppose Chas couldn't complain about the players on the SJP soaking wet pitch as he was ploughing up the Cliff Hill pitches

budegrecian

Stanno and Demi Mitchell looking like they have a good chance of making the game on Saturday judging from the video.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not sure if this would be the right thread but Chaz is the latest guest on the My New Football Club podcast.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
I haven't kept up with pitch news as much recently as I 'should' have. Is the pitch at SJP being ripped up and re-seeded again this summer as it was last year?

I'm assuming not as I remember the grass was already being killed ofby and was yellowing by the Port Vale game last year but appeared to still be green yesterday?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I haven't kept up with pitch news as much recently as I 'should' have. Is the pitch at SJP being ripped up and re-seeded again this summer as it was last year?

I'm assuming not as I remember the grass was already being killed ofby and was yellowing by the Port Vale game last year but appeared to still be green yesterday?
Not sure "ripped up" is the right description. But there will be plenty of work done on it. Waiting for a Chas and Craig video to explain it all!

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
I would be surprised if the top surface is not scarified.

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster

Pretty sure that Chas has said that it is being stripped off and reseeded again. Could be happening this week with a pre season friendly scheduled at SJP this year ?

Andy_H

Pretty sure that Chas has said that it is being stripped off and reseeded again. Could be happening this week with a pre season friendly scheduled at SJP this year ?
Work starts on Monday 22nd May.
Unlike some places that sell off sq mtrs of old turf, after SJP has been scarrified maybe sell off 1kg bags of old turf as momentoes of this season.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Work starts on Monday 22nd May.
Unlike some places that sell off sq mtrs of old turf, after SJP has been scarrified maybe sell off 1kg bags of old turf as momentoes of this season.
Seems a delayed start being two weeks after the season ended? Perhaps that was all the company could offer as they have been offered multiple riches by starting today on the Wrexham pitch :)