• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Serious Torquay Thread

mdg

Have checked the Gulls, programme - it was indeed Freddy Hall, outstanding and MOM

globegrecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Best wishes to the Turks to see themselves back on a stable footing. The season we battled Buckle to the play-offs was one of the best, and we could fill the Park for the Boxing Day visit. Good memories, I hope we get to play them again soon (in the League)

Pete Martin (CTID)

Very well known Exeweb poster
Lost again at home tonight to Chester - 0-1. Dawson played 85 minutes. Reid stayed on the bench throughout. 1,221 attendees.

Silver fox

Lost again at home tonight to Chester - 0-1. Dawson played 85 minutes. Reid stayed on the bench throughout. 1,221 attendees.
The spiral Nows starts, WTF ??

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
I hope the Turks don't want Hargreaves sacked. I mean, he will be doing a great job with limited resources so think they should give him more time.

geoffwp

Knill was the next to go and paid off...when you add his pay off to the Ling one and add in their assistants, we paid out 300/400k to get rid of experienced managers and then went out and employed the inexperienced (and useless) Hargreaves to save us from relegation.
Richard, I think you ought to read Justin's word on Hargreaves before you start pushing for him as the gulls saviour. I've always found JM's view to be very balanced and fair minded
so I'm inclined to think he hasn't got it in him to turn their fortunes around.

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Richard, I think you ought to read Justin's word on Hargreaves before you start pushing for him as the gulls saviour. I've always found JM's view to be very balanced and fair minded
so I'm inclined to think he hasn't got it in him to turn their fortunes around.
Apologies Geoff I omitted the smiley. It was (possibly poor) sarcasm on my part. :)

geoffwp

Richard, what is your daily post average? You must be posting even more frequently than credy! I think I noticed your post count only a few months ago at around 3,000.

paperclip

Apologies Geoff I omitted the smiley. It was (possibly poor) sarcasm on my part. :)
In your defence I think the sarcasm was obvious to most!!

Grecian2K

Sure ain't looking good for them at the moment - but (finances permitting) should hopefully have done enough to insulate them from the dreaded drop. Even in our darkest hours at least relegation to the BSS was never an option.

But as mentioned in the o.p. I too remember, in the fall out from our own annus horibillis THEY were the ones who offered some desparately needed financial aid with a foc psf. I feel, impecunious as we still are nowadays, it would only be fitting for us to return the compliment.