• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Serious Torquay Thread

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
It's to encourage old and new ST holders who are not in the Trust to join - many (?most) ST holder are not Trust members. There are many good reasons to join the Trust, of course. One more is that although ST holders have their seat / place guaranteed for home cup and play-off games, this does not apply to away ones if there are limited ticket numbers, unlike Gold and Silver Trust members. e.g. if we were to play at FGR in a PO game there might not be enough tickets to go round for the away leg.
Mmm, may I respectfully suggest that it's extended to all Season Ticket and trust members then please, otherwise it's a bit like the 'new customer' reduction you get with insurance renewals and drives me mad!

Good to know we have at least one home PSF though

Matt Russell

Any "introductory" offer that excludes long-standing customers / members is intolerable. We value the new, but not the long-established?

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Apologies because this is not strictly about the Gulls but relevant in so far as they are not the only ex football league club resurfacing from the depths of non league football as Stockport County are also champions of the National League North.

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Torquay acting like they have won the European cup - it’s the conference south chipnickers

DB9

Torquay gambled this season, Staying full time in a predominantly part time league paid off, Plus getting in probably the best manager the Conf South has ever seen helped enormously, Next season will be a lot tougher, The Conf is full of ex, full time clubs who are all desperate to get out of that league, I hope they're not expecting to **** the league because they'll be in for a shock. If promotion hadn't happened they'd gone into free fall

Last edited:

Banksy

Torquay acting like they have won the European cup - it’s the conference south chipnickers
Let them have this moment bless ‘em , after all they’ve been through it’s a much needed relief , at least it’s given them something to hope for.

Stelios

Torquay gambled this season, Staying full time in a predominantly part time league paid off, Plus getting in probably the best manager the Conf South has ever seen helped enormously, Next season will be a lot tougher, The Conf is full of ex, full time clubs who are all desperate to get out of that league, I hope they're not expecting to **** the league because they'll be in for a shock. If promotion hadn't happened they'd gone into free fall
I don't begrudge them a bit of glory after a dreadful last few years but I heard on the radio they were the only full time side in the division. But Gary Johnson has still done a great job considering where they were when he came in.

DB9

I don't begrudge them a bit of glory after a dreadful last few years but I heard on the radio they were the only full time side in the division. But Gary Johnson has still done a great job considering where they were when he came in.
Neither do i, Their owner is an idiot and still very much un-liked by the fans and keeping faith with Owers when it was obvious he was a useless manager didn't help the cause but 12 months later they're promoted. They still have an owner who intentions are dubious, A stadium development that to everyone else was someone else's with a Torquay badge super imposed on it, So will wonder how the faithful will look on him now?

Legohead

Banned
Most will have stopped worrying about Clarke Osborne because the team have success. That's how it works with a lot of football supporters who are so easily placated it's frightening. There are a lot of Gulls fans still who will enjoy the success but still want the owner out and i'd say that's a wise standpoint.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Bleeding heck the poor old premier****e players have it so hard don't they, all that money and they need a break half way through the season. Down in the national league ******** have eight games in the first month of the season, and it doesn't lighten up too much after that what with all the tinpot trophies they play for.

Looking at their fixtures with the likes of Yeovil Aldershot and Barnet all grounds easily accessible for nice away days. (plus Hartlepool(rofl))