• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Serious Torquay Thread

elginCity

Very well known Exeweb poster
....we are on our way back.
Special times, GG, savour them. Think we'd all be delighted to see you back where you belong, and getting thumped by us on a regular basis ! :D

Oldsmobile-88

Good stuff GG....I hope it can be built on.

Whatever anyone thinks about local football rivalry,it’s healthy for the area & I hope they get back into the FL soon.

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Great stuff for the chip nickers - Gary Johnson is a top manager, shame we never hit had him here

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
While it's great to see Torquay winning promotion and the fans turning up in numbers have any of the off-the field issues been resolved? They lost a load on money the previous season and it's hard to see them being run any more sustainably this season. I've also lost track as to what is happening with the proposed new stadium. What happens when the owners get bored off bank-rolling the debt or realise they can't make their money back in the way they hoped?

Boyo

Well done the Gulls. Hopefully next year you'll be celebrating the return to the League. I'd much rather a game against Torquay, over some of the Eastern or Northern outposts that are so dull; Colchester, Stevenage, Morecambe etc.

Your latest accounts didn't look healthy and I'm fearful for your future, however.

Best of wishes.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
GJ hoping for gates of around 4-4.5k next season (rofl)

Not just for the one off match either but for budgeting purposes

Last edited:

denzel

I see they've announced a friendly with us next season

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
I see they've announced a friendly with us next season
And Taggy has confirmed it will be at Plainmoor https://www.exetercityfc.co.uk/news/2019/april/chairmans-update-april/

denzel

Woah, he says that you get a ticket to a home PSF with your season ticket but only if you also join the ST. What if you're in both? (Maybe for discussion on another Fred)

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Woah, he says that you get a ticket to a home PSF with your season ticket but only if you also join the ST. What if you're in both? (Maybe for discussion on another Fred)
It's to encourage old and new ST holders who are not in the Trust to join - many (?most) ST holder are not Trust members. There are many good reasons to join the Trust, of course. One more is that although ST holders have their seat / place guaranteed for home cup and play-off games, this does not apply to away ones if there are limited ticket numbers, unlike Gold and Silver Trust members. e.g. if we were to play at FGR in a PO game there might not be enough tickets to go round for the away leg.