• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Pitch

otterton reds

as long as we don't perform like a donkey derby on it :)
And stop hoofing the ball up the pitch

onemansview

My home is Chesterfield but my heart is in Tokyo
as long as we don't perform like a donkey derby on it :)
I am hoping that our days of buying donkeys are behind us but I need convincing after the Ajose/Stubbs fiasco's

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
I am hoping that our days of buying donkeys are behind us but I need convincing after the Ajose/Stubbs fiasco's
Every Manager buys the odd donkey even the great managers such as Sir Alex bought some stinkers in his time. With regard to Stubbs if he starts next season injured I would largely agree it was a risk that backfired. Regards Coco the Clown aka Ajose I'm still open to an alternative narrative but to me the club signed him in good faith (unless there is a dodgy medical certificate out there) and the player seemed less than keen on the rigours necessary in being a fit professional footballer. To me 20% blame ECFC 80% Ajose

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Update from Chaz

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Update from Chaz

Give Chas a Groundsman Oscar - he deserves it !

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Really good these updates. Just for his passion alone I hope everything else goes smoothly and next season we have a pitch at last to be proud off. Well done City Board, well done Chaz and well done Ollie Watkins for giving us the cash :)

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Yep I am loving these updates.

Still struggling to believe grass will have grown by August

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster

Its OK - Matt Taylor has been seen training on Exmouth beach !

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster

Loads of time - pitch will look like a lush sward by week commencing July 12th - put it in your diary :)

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster

Don't panic Al. Even now it's still looking better that the old "winter pitches" in the 60s and 70s (just look at photos of when we played Man U in 69 for proof of this!)
Only one thing is worrying me. Could someone please tell Chas that (as far as I can recall from the old movie) Lawrence of Arabia favoured a camel rather than a horse.