• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Official Exeter City versus The Scum Matchday Thread

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Sercs , JMT & I thought Davies did ok the rest poor

tagz

I don't think the first half was even (like Tisdale said). The only thing even at half time was the scoreline.

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
I don't think the first half was even (like Tisdale said). The only thing even at half time was the scoreline.
Nobody did

He's in his own world

tagz

Match highlights;
http://youtu.be/pMshJwMFG5I

Silver fox

grecIAN Harris

That makes grim viewing. Was Oakley even aware that Allessandra was in the same postcode as him for the penalty?

ecfc70

would like to see extended highlights especially the offside goal, looked like reids groin or hamstring went after he got the 3rd.........shame!!!

Tisdale must have been watching a different game than me, if we hadn't scored on half time there would've been boos all over the park, did anyone actually jump for a high ball? they certainly didnt tackle and continued to back out of every challenge, too slow would be and overstatement and poor old Tom.....not a chance in hell of getting anything........if thats playing well then i must have it all wrong

We are now pretty much out of the play-off hunt, worse still is we find ourselves looking over our shoulder when we could have been safe by now, his team selection and tactics are defunct, blood the youngsters, play the players in their preferred/best positions........they might even show some enthusiasm

On the up

Sercs , JMT & I thought Davies did ok the rest poor
Thought that Pym JMT Ribeiro Davies Sercs and Morrision did fine. The emotion of losing such an important game does make it easy to broad brush opinions across whole team. However on the day we had too many off days in the same game. Weak performances from Woodman and Nichols. Together with a couple of shockers from Harley & Oakley. Just too much to carry in a Derby game against a well organised team.

Like others have said if we played players in their best positions we could have beaten the Scum. As it was we have to put up with taking more stick from them until the next opportunity arrises.

ECFC Music

Cant say he was the best of a bad bunch to be honest Pete, in my opinion he was just as bad as the rest of them. He has no command of his box and looks out of his depth at times.
No he wasn't. He had no chance with the goals and didn't create chances for them with blunders unlike the rest of them.

globegrecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I thought he was a bit suspect with the one on one for Argyle's first; He was off his line well to try and close the forward down, but instead of throwing the length of his body across the path of an inevitable shot, he chose to try and make whatever save he could from a standing position with his feet! No chance with the second, and f*** knows what happened for the third. That was never a penalty either; Their player ran right across the front of our defender who couldnt help but trip him up.
Re the first goal, it was probably because he had his eyes shut:

http://www.pafc.co.uk/news/article/exeter-v-argyle-gallery-2286794.aspx

All I wanted for another pedestrian, soulless, tactically inept home performance was an apology from the manager to the fans.