• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Next Exeter City First Team Manager Thread

A Slacker

Thanks for finding the article Simba. I would want someone who has the ability to reflect and improve. DA seems to have this in spades.

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Like the cut of his jib.
I was going to say exactly the same.

Points per game though....
I agree his record doesn't look great 100-51-123 but that still equates to 59 points in 46 games - I think we'd take that for this season wouldn't we? And even beyond?

andrew p long

interesting that he says one thing he's learned is not to spend too much time travelling to watch future opponents when already busy. Interesting debate there between his approach and MT.

Grecian Max

I agree his record doesn't look great 100-51-123 but that still equates to 59 points in 46 games - I think we'd take that for this season wouldn't we? And even beyond?
Think he means they got promoted via PPG in covid times

DawlishBouy

Artell says he had to do everything himself yet lists some of the staff under him. Doesn’t add up. And also shows a lack of respect to his staff particularly assistant manager Kenny Lunt and goalkeeping coach Fred Barber who served under him for his entire 5 years at Crewe.

iscalad

Artell says he had to do everything himself yet lists some of the staff under him. Doesn’t add up. And also shows a lack of respect to his staff particularly assistant manager Kenny Lunt and goalkeeping coach Fred Barber who served under him for his entire 5 years at Crewe.
From the article it seems he sees the need to delegate.

elginCity

“A top bloke spoke to him regularly on a personal level, a Dario disciple who loves to play football. Got us promoted playing brilliant football in L2. Would be a good appointment.” - From an old mate (and Alex fan !)

manc grecian

Probably leave out the bit about Dario