• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Next Exeter City First Team Manager Thread

Redarrow

I am not saying it’s the best option but Paul Tisdale is the obvious candidate. He knows how we operate and what’s expected within our financial means. Definitely, categorically no rolling contract though.
On previous threads a lot of people are saying a big NO to Tisdale, however he did also bring a lot of success to the club and ultimately put the foundations in place for the likes of MT to come in and continue that success, not a silly suggestion in my eyes.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
If Tisdale is appointed I am throwing my season ticket in the bin.

Topsham Boy

I am not saying it’s the best option but Paul Tisdale is the obvious candidate. He knows how we operate and what’s expected within our financial means. Definitely, categorically no rolling contract though.
Sorry but no. A thousand times no.
No going back.

Trapdoor

On previous threads a lot of people are saying a big NO to Tisdale, however he did also bring a lot of success to the club and ultimately put the foundations in place for the likes of MT to come in and continue that success, not a silly suggestion in my eyes.
It's not worth it simply for the division it will cause amongst the ranks. I am in the camp that it could work, but I dont want to see it because of the problems it would cause within the fanbase.

There are so many other good options out there that its pointless going after controversial options like that.

Average Joe

and then what? Get Perryman back, resign David Noble, Ryan Harley and attempt to sign Stuart Fleetwood? Nah I'm good ta.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
One of Matt Taylor's big successes when he took over as manager was to re-unite the fan base after the fractious end of Tisdale's time as manager and make it enjoyable to support City again; why would you want to undo all that good work by re-appointing Tisdale. And that's before you even take into account the fact that Tisdale has said he doesn't feel comfortable returning to the club to watch a game.

haka

Let's not add 50 pointless pages to the thread talking about something that obviously won't happen. Please.

Redarrow

If Tisdale is appointed I am throwing my season ticket in the bin.
Everyone loved the man years ago when he got us out the Blue Square Prem and into league one within two years. How it ended was poor from all party’s don’t get me wrong but let’s not forget what success he bought to the club, I for one enjoyed the promotions, staying up in league one against the likes of Leeds, Southampton etc, think the fact SJP was packed every week for that era shows a lot of other people look back at that time fondly

• Haha
Reactions: Ash

logman

Neil Ardley at Solihull Moors is one for the shortlist for me. None of the restraints at Exeter will be strange to him. Already working miracles with a tiny budget and has EFL experience managing a Trust Owned club.

Redarrow

One of Matt Taylor's big successes when he took over as manager was to re-unite the fan base after the fractious end of Tisdale's time as manager and make it enjoyable to support City again; why would you want to undo all that good work by re-appointing Tisdale. And that's before you even take into account the fact that Tisdale has said he doesn't feel comfortable returning to the club to watch a game.
Understand that and in no way do I believe that the fall out at the end of his reign was just on Tisdale. Some need to ask the reasons why it went sour, takes two party’s to create something.
Either way let’s get Chris wilder on the blower asap