• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Next Exeter City First Team Manager Thread

ExmouthMart

A goalkeeping coach is essential. They study teams penalties etc and feed info back to the GK. They also do separate training sessions depending on the next teams set pieces.

I agree it seems surplus to requirements however in the modern day it's an essential position.
If you are over relying on your goalkeeper, you have issues elsewhere. A competent goalkeeper should be up to speed and just follow whatever tactics the Manager has for the game. Unless he’s got Andy Woodman tendencies, then you may need a back to basics approach…….

BigBankAl

Please not Graeme Alexander which was on some spurious article I read (n)

ExmouthMart

Please not Graeme Alexander which was on some spurious article I read (n)
Most of the people mentioned are too ‘Northern’ and we know how that ends up……

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Would Ryan Mason, currently a coach at Spurs, fancy taking a shot at management with a L1 club. He's young, has a lot of high level experience in developing youth, and even managed Spurs as an interim for a few games a while ago. I'd assume he's on a decent wage at Spurs and wouldn't want to take the cut unless the opportunity to develop a career in the dugout appeals

DawlishBouy

Final thing, I wonder why it’s called compensation when a member of staff leaves their contract early and a transfer fee when it’s a player?
All fees are correctly termed compensation fees. For player transfers the compensation fee is referred to as a transfer fee simply because the player’s registration is being transferred from one club to another.

Trapdoor

All fees are correctly termed compensation fees. For player transfers the compensation fee is referred to as a transfer fee simply because the player’s registration is being transferred from one club to another.
Technically, in HR speak your salary is also "compensation". i.e. you are compensated for your time spent working.

magiccity1

I agree. He is clearly hurt and I for one would rather see someone who cares personally than the robotic, cliche ridden press ramblings of a former manager. His record with young players and development is there for all to see and he will have a point to prove. Get him in Taggy!
I also would like to see Artell given the job. Think he has got a point to prove. Also see he is currently bookies fav for job.

Spanks

Administrator
Staff member
If you are over relying on your goalkeeper, you have issues elsewhere. A competent goalkeeper should be up to speed and just follow whatever tactics the Manager has for the game. Unless he’s got Andy Woodman tendencies, then you may need a back to basics approach…….
Err, Harry Lee. Or do we forget the kids now?

SDRighton

Jimmy Ball and Mark Cooper two applicants with City links.

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
How do you know they have applied? Has he advert gone out yet?