• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The McCormick Treatment...

Bittners a Legend

So you can’t do maths (or ‘math’ as you would probably call it) OR English...
You'd hope a thread which has discussed the death of two children might be enough to put your childish issues with Pete into context and be left alone for one thread.

But I could never condemn someone for being openly hostile to someone who has committed such a crime, they made their bed and have to lie in it IMO. Sorry if that offends anyone but I wouldn't be bleating at the unfairness of my treatment if I made such a terrible decision.
The issue, Doc, is nothing to do with complaining about the unfairness of McCormick's treatment. The issue is using (and insulting, frankly) the memory of two children for the sake of a football rivalry. I doubt the moral outrage of those screaming murdered at him extends outside of SJP and I doubt they are all campaigning to prevent drink-driving.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
The issue, Doc, is nothing to do with complaining about the unfairness of McCormick's treatment. The issue is using (and insulting, frankly) the memory of two children for the sake of a football rivalry. I doubt the moral outrage of those screaming murdered at him extends outside of SJP and I doubt they are all campaigning to prevent drink-driving.
I think my disappointment on Saturday, was that the chant was used too often. Indeed, when applauding off one of our players when substituted, that someone decided that was a good time to start up the "murderer" chant. Totally inappropriate, and almost sounded like it was targetted at our player!

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
I think my disappointment on Saturday, was that the chant was used too often. Indeed, when applauding off one of our players when substituted, that someone decided that was a good time to start up the "murderer" chant. Totally inappropriate, and almost sounded like it was targetted at our player!
Well, by all accounts we did murder 'em!

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
Nail on head.

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
Agreed also started whilst the Stanno song was in full swing just because he received a back pass

The Doctor

I understand the point you are trying to make bitts but my moral outrage does extend well beyond SJP in both of the cases I mentioned. It just so happens that I only see these footballers when they are playing football. I would give them similar short shrift if I came across them in other walks of life, although in less vocal fashion. But that is the nature of being in s football crowd.

I also remember David Norris celebrating a winner in front of the bank and, ridiculusly IMO, showing solidarity with his buddy McCormick by doing a handcuff gesture. That riled me no end. Respecting the family of the victims by quietly accepting his behaviour makes no sense to me I'm afraid. Impossible for me to say, although you seem happy to speak for them, but if I were in that awful position I wouldn't give a damn if the perpetrator got public disapproval for their dreadful actions.

The Doctor

Sincere apologies to BAL by the way. I've just read earlier pages that I have missed and seen that unfortunately he has suffered this sort of loss. Apologies again.