• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The McCormick Treatment...

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
What taxi in 2018 doesn't have hands free?
TBF mate we were leaving an England match at Man Utd's ground when alongside us was a multi million pound player sat right next to us driving along using his mobile in his hand with his mrs and kids sat in the back seat.
My first reaction was ... he cant afford a friggin hands free in a 120k + motor !

arthur

Very well known Exeweb poster
Using a hands free phone is dangerous as well btw

ExeterCityLad

Using a hands free phone is dangerous as well btw
If you're suggesting banning mobile phones on hands free, good luck also campaigning to ban radios in cars.

The worlds going mad.

jimbo-gould

The bloke is a monumental idiot for drink-driving, as is anyone else who gets in a car to drive drunk. The abuse isn’t for me, but he must have known it would be coming when he returned to football. That said, people who mock the event by singing “I’ve been driving in my car" or something similar clearly aren't doing it from a moral point of ground and just think they are funny. He wouldn’t get anywhere near the same amount of abuse if he wasn’t a former Plymouth player, which says it all.

PeteUSA

The bloke is a monumental idiot for drink-driving, as is anyone else who gets in a car to drive drunk.
Just out of interest, what was the time frame between McCormick getting loaded (and I assume going to bed) and him setting out on that fateful episode the following morning? What is the recognised time span one should wait for alcohol level to drop to an acceptable level before driving a vehicle is undertaken?

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
All depends on if you were having food , body size etc etc ..... there is no recognised time span every person is different , my Mrs could have 2 glasses of cheap plonk and be legless falling down drunk I could do quite a few beers and Port chasers and look to all like I had nothing to drink.

I attend military dinners fairly regular and always take the following day off from working just incase we end up opening a couple of extra bottles.

PeteUSA

All depends on if you were having food , body size etc etc ..... there is no recognised time span every person is different , my Mrs could have 2 glasses of cheap plonk and be legless falling down drunk I could do quite a few beers and Port chasers and look to all like I had nothing to drink.

I attend military dinners fairly regular and always take the following day off from working just incase we end up opening a couple of extra bottles.
Okay, I was just thinking back to the many new years eves we spent at good friends in Horrobridge (nearish Plymouth), inevitably ending at 2.00 or so in the morning with me having had a skinfull. And none the less getting up to make the drive accross Dartmoor to get to Citys 11.00 am KO game! I'm certainly not proud of it, but I never dream't the alcohol residual took such a long time to get out of the system!

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
https://www.nhs.uk/common-health-questions/lifestyle/how-long-does-alcohol-stay-in-your-blood/

https://www.gov.uk/drink-driving-penalties , Just as well you didn't get caught drink driving back then or your name wouldn't be Pateusofa it would be Patenearjannerland.

PeteUSA

https://www.nhs.uk/common-health-questions/lifestyle/how-long-does-alcohol-stay-in-your-blood/

https://www.gov.uk/drink-driving-penalties , Just as well you didn't get caught drink driving back then or your name wouldn't be Pateusofa it would be Patenearjannerland.
Hell, I was over the limit, without a doubt!! A medium once said I have a guardian angel. I reckon it sprang into action for me a time or two!

mustangspeed2006

Spot on. There are no defined parameters and it varies from person to person, so it's always best to be on the extra safe side the following day.

Last Xmas, I had one too many beers at a daytime family party and was supposed to be taking my girlfriend to the train station at 9 a.m. the following day. Though I had stopped drinking by around 8 p.m., it was still a no-brainer to take the bullet and call a taxi.

I think in McCormick's case, he was on the road at 5 a.m. — nowhere near long enough to get the alcohol from a wedding party out of your system.